Treasure Brooks

My sister and I had been at a business convention for the entire week securing vendors for our joint and separate businesses. With summer-time quickly approaching, we had to be on our A game! Joy was able to secure 2 contracts with Hair Vendors that had warehouses in America, a tobacco wholesaler for the smoke shop, and went to class to re-vamp the bar and grill she and Marcus owned. I found a quality plus sized wholesaler for my lingerie and swimsuit lines, and a contractor who is going to bring my vision to life for my rental properties! The biggest blessing of all, we secured multiple vendors for our joint online boutique.
From Monday to Thursday, we'd busted our asses to make sure we would return to Houston with a plan to profit a million dollars over the next year and would have a store front opening in 2021 that would house all of our separate boutiques.

So, as tired as I am, imagine how irate I instantly became when I saw DayQuan's yellow ass Challenger sitting in my fucking driveway, blocking my garage as if he pays a single bill. It had been about a month since I'd last seen him, but he had been calling and texting me all week. When I told him that we would talk when I returned home, I did not mean for him to be at my home when I returned. I'm honestly confused as to how he even got in my house in the first place? If a single thing is out of place when I open my door, this nigga gone die... RIGHT NOW, TODAY.

Upon approaching the door, everything seemed quiet and normal. As I entered into my foyer, there were bouquets of red roses in beautiful vases lining the walkway. The melodies of Trey Songz led me to the living room where he stood surrounded by rose petals, but holding the brightest arrangement of sunflowers I'd ever seen. This was the Luca I fell for. The romantic man that went out of the way to put a smile on my face. Yet, as much as I wanted to light up my room with my perfect smile, I knew what was coming... if not now, soon.

"Hi DayQuan. What's all of this? What are you doing here?" I questioned using all the patience I had left to hold back the irritation that was on the tip of my tongue.

"Baby, I came to apologize. I wanted to show you that I'm going to try to be a better man for you, for us, and the kids. I want us to be a family. I want to let you know that I can provide for you. I was wrong to leave like I did the other night. Please accept my apology?"

I bet this nigga got evicted. He done lost his damn mind. Who gone clean all this shit up?

"Day, let's have a seat?" I turned and headed to the kitchen where there was a meal for two sitting on my decorative China at my dining table. I slowly began counting in my head, so that I wouldn't scream. After we got seated, I prayed over the food that he'd gotten us, just to give myself time to calm down. My privacy had been invaded. Even though I appreciate the efforts he put forth, I don't feel like any of this genuine. This was just another tactic, a ploy, to weasel his way into a space that he wasn't fit for.

"Day, what are you intentions from this point on?"

"What do you mean intentions? I intend for us to be a family. We can have the kids over on weekends for family time. You won't have to work as much at the practice, so you can focus on your businesses and our kids. I want to take care of us." He said, never bothering to make eye contact with me.

"Did you ask me if I wanted any of these things? Yes, I have businesses that keep money rolling in, but being a pediatric nurse is the fire that keeps me going. I would give up all my outside ventures to just work at the practice. How much money do you have saved up? Where is our family going to live? My house is not big enough for your kids. You haven't taken any of those things into consideration. So, I know that all of this, is just your way of trying wiggle something small in my face while you distract me from the bigger picture. What's the bigger picture DayQuan?" I spat rapidly and precisely while never breaking eye contact with him.