Treasure Jones

Three days had passed since The Zoo fiasco. And everyone was mad at me! Joy and Marc tag teamed on my ass because Keese thought they knew and didn't tell him. So, they weren't talking to me. Mon'Keese won't give me back my baby and the kicker is, her ass don't wanna come home because her Daddy has her spoiled and rotten! Oh, and her NaNa Tonya? After calling me at 7 AM on Monday morning to tell me how she was gone stomp me a new asshole when she seen me; she has since been sending me selfies of her and Key's daily matching outfits and adventures. She got my baby looking ghetto fabulous just like her ass.

Most importantly, DayQuan's things were gone by the time I came home today. The guest room was spotless like he'd never been there with the exception of a black bag. Inside the bag were 2 big knots of blue hundreds and 2 pairs of sunglasses, Dolce and Gabana and Chanel. I'd forgotten to get sunglasses after our mall trip was cut short. I smiled because he remembered. As I walked towards my room, I noticed Keyani's door slightly ajar, opening it I saw a new piggy bank that looked exactly like her last one.
Pulling out my phone, I FaceTimed him. I'm not going to lie like I don't miss him. I noticed that in the week he was there, we only had that one incident with the kids, but other than that, we were perfect.
"What's up?" DayQuan's voice broke me from my thoughts. I took a second to take in his handsome face and prominent masculine features. Why he gotta be so fine? "You good, Ma?"
"Yeah, why didn't you tell me you were going to come by today?" I asked.
"You ain't worried about me Treasure. I was in and out. The twins got parent teacher conferences and they mama been on some other shit, so I'm finishing this up and bringing them home with me."
"Would y'all like to come over for dinner?" I asked, almost begging because I missed him. Hell, WE missed him.
"Naw, until you figure out where you wanna be, I'm gone stay by my place. You ain't slick. I know what you want." He smirked.
"Dayyyyyy! Please? I miss you. It's boring here without you!" I pouted and batted my lashes. I needed some attention too!
"You gone put on the puppy dog face, Ma? Not yo hard ass! Where Key?" He inquired.
"She done forgot all about me since she got with her daddy. I told her she needed to come home, and she said she at her new house. Like we wasn't feeding her or something." We laughed.
"Baby girl a trip. But that's good, she need to spend time with him." He paused. "Moni wanna go to Lotus. You coming to meet us up there?"
"Yup, you gone get me a daiquiri too?" I asked.
"Bring your spoiled ass on. Here I am trying to give you the world, and all your ass want is a daiquiri." He joked.
"I want both." Correcting him as we stared at each other. He nodded.
"You got it. Do this for me? I'm gone send you an Uber to Lotus whenever you ready. I got something I wanna show you and the twins. You gone have to ride with me, and I know you not leaving your car on the wood." He smirked. "Text me when you ready for me to send the Uber. I gotta go see why my baby girl got a 97 on this project I know she deserved a hunnid on. Probably about to hem her bitch ass science teacher up." This man don't play about his girls.
"Don't get in trouble, Bae. I'll see you in a few."
"Bet. I love you!" He said before disconnecting the call. Maybe he does love me?

About an hour later, I was pulling up to Lotus. The parking lot was full as usual. Before I made it to the door, a man approached me trying to sell some stolen Tom Ford glasses. DayQuan intervened and sent him on his way.
DayQuan was looking real daddy-ish. He had on a button-down Burberry shirt and cargo pants that fit just right with some high top Buscemi sneakers. Wrapping his arms around me, I felt a different feeling. After our argument the other night, I'd been feeling like shit since he left.
Standing on the tips on my toes, I gave him a deep kiss. I felt a spark that hadn't been there before. When I drew back, we stared at each other for a second before I broke the silence.
"Why you always smell so good?"
"So you'll stay under me. Come on, so we can grab your daiquiri. I already ordered your food and the kids holding us a table."
For the first time in a long time, I followed his lead with no hesitation. Day wrapped his arms around me and swayed me to the music flowing through the shop while I ordered my drink. The daiquiri shop was playing Voyage To Atlantis by The Isley Brothers. He began to whisper the lyrics into my ear until he spun me around started full out singing to me while we slow danced in the middle of these people's store. One of the things I loved about him in the beginning was how romantic he is. He had this way of lighting up my heart and making me smile until my cheeks hurt.
"Can we go all the way together?" DayQuan asked as he stared into my soul. In that moment, I wanted to scream yes. I had so many reservations and as perfect as this felt, I wasn't ready to make that commitment.
Instead, I kissed him.
"Let's go check on the kids before we be doing the nasty on these people floor." I giggled.
That's when I saw it. I saw the disappointment in his eyes. But he threw on a smile, grabbed my hand, and led me out of the door.
DayQuan was quiet the whole time we ate. The kids and I talked the entire time. Moni and I connected on fashion. This girl is a trendsetter, and her daddy had the money to back it. So, she stayed fly. Mond is an athlete. He's almost as tall as his daddy at 13. He could really go far in whatever professional sport he chose. I found out that they went to the same middle school I attended, and he'd broken two of Mon'Keese's records and he was only in the seventh grade. That was remarkable.
As we finished, DayQuan reminded us that he had something to show us. Gathering ourselves, we headed out of the door and into DayQuan's Daddy Mobile, a 2020 Escalade he'd gotten at the end of last year. He hopped on 288 and headed towards Pearland.
"Day, where we going?" I questioned.
"Have I ever steered you wrong? Sit back and ride. We gone be there in a few minutes." He replied before he cut the radio back up shutting me right up.