Mon'Keese Brooks

I woke up this morning with Treasure still fresh on my mind. She's so fucking beautiful it doesn't make any sense. I wanted to hug her, kiss her, and choke the shit out of her all in the same breath. Running into Tres couldn't have been more perfect. Maybe if her lame ass boyfriend wasn't in my face, but he needed to know I was coming for what rightfully belonged to me: Treasure Shanae Jones.
I couldn't wait until I got over to Marc's house today. Joy used to throw down for us every Sunday. She can cook better than my mama, and my mama won hood cook-offs every year! I was hoping to run into Treasure again. Maybe get some intel on her nigga or some alone time with her if she pops in. I'm hopeful.

As I handled my hygiene, I kept thinking about how beautiful she looked. Gone was the skinny cheerleader I once loved. The Treasure I saw yesterday screamed grown ass woman. I wanted to bask in her essence. I just had to get rid of that nigga Luca. I can tell that he'll
never be able to appreciate a woman like Treasure. He probably can't even afford her. Let alone provide her with even a tenth of the love I have for her. I know that I fucked up when we were in college, but I'm ready to be the man she needed then, right now. Turning off the shower, I grabbed a towel and headed to my walk-in closet. I decided to keep it simple with a grey Nike track suit and some Air Max that matched. And I was out the door. Hopefully, we'd just be chilling with the kids today.

It's crazy how Joy and Marc's kids had grown up so fast. Lil Marc is already 16, Majoy is 9, and baby Mars is going on 3. I honestly am envious of how easy Joy and Marc make marriage look. I always envision that for myself. Now that I've hit 30 and have millions sitting in my bank, I desire a stable relationship more than ever. I want someone to come home to at night, every night. Long gone are the days of fucking groupies and industry hoes. I've knocked down several of these R&B bitches and I'd be happy if I never seen myself on the Shaderoom and TMZ ever again.

As I pulled onto 288 and headed towards Pearland, I spotted the Benz that was parked in front of M&J's. I sped up to catch it; in hopes of getting another glimpse of Treasure. Imagine my surprise when I see Luca driving Treasure's whip with a bitch in the front seat and 3 kids in the back. He and I made eye contact, I tipped my head up to him and sped past him in my Wraith, continuing on my way. What kind of lame ass nigga was she fucking with? It's definitely time to step up.

About 15 minutes later, I was pulling up to my destination. I parked the Wraith next to a chromed-out Range Rover that was sitting on some big boy rims. That hoe was fresher than a bitch. As I walked around it admiring the body work, then I noticed the plates. "TRESHA". God was looking out for a nigga, man. I walked up to the front door and rang the bell. I could hear the music blaring from inside the house. It seemed like a party. The door swung open only for me to be greeted by Mars little bad ass and a little girl with two fingers in her mouth.
"UNC KEEZ! WHATS GOOD?" Mars yelled as he jumped into my arms.
"What's up Lil Man? Where your shirt at?" I asked as I tickled him while placing him on his feet.
"Ion need no shirt, unc! I'm grown. Let's go jump Key Key!" The little girl stared at me for a second while I stared back at her.
"Hey babydoll. What's your name?"
She didn't reply. She just gave me a big smile... a smile that stretched all the way across her face. Then it hit me, Treasure had a baby by that lame ass nigga. My heart broke instantly.
"Come on Key Key!" Mars yelled from the back of the house.
Key Key grabbed my hand and pulled me to the back of the house where music was coming from. When we reached the kitchen, Key dropped my hand and walked away. Treasure and Joy were in the kitchen talking away and never noticed me.
"That no good ass bastard took my car and been gone since last night! I'm about to report my shit as stolen. I hate him so much." Treasure complained.
"You should've left him alone. Nobody told you to let him stay with you. I don't care if the nigga didn't have nowhere to go. You know he takes advantage of every single thing you do for him!" Joy fussed.
Key returned from the opposite side of the kitchen. She pulled on Treasure's leg to draw her attention. Treasure bent over and picked her up. The way she zoned into Key Key was amazing. The frustration that just troubled her face disappeared as she kissed and giggled with her daughter. Key wiggled from Treasure's arms and ran straight over to me. She stretched her arms and I bent over and picked her up. She rubbed my face and laid her head on my shoulder. I felt so at peace in that moment.

Joy and Treasure looked over at me holding Key. They both looked at me with wide eyes, as if they were in shock. Joy turned and looked at Treasure and let out a cackle.
"Look who got a soft spot for somebody like their mean ass mama?" Joy turned back to me. "You got some candy in your pocket? That girl don't let me nor my husband touch her and I'm her auntie!"
I laughed. Key raised her head from my shoulder and smiled again.
"Look at your baby smiling at Keese, Treasure! She showing out! Give her a few minutes and she might actually talk to us. She's 3 and I still haven't heard her say nothing. All she does is whisper in Mars' ear and he do whatever she say!" Joy continued.
Treasure remained silent. I walked over to where she was standing with Key still on my shoulder. "You had a baby Tres?" I asked her.
"Yes, Keyani is 3. I can take her if you'd like? Come on, Key. Come to Mama!" She pleaded to no avail. Key kept her head planted on my shoulder, with two fingers in her mouth, and her other hand rubbing my face.
I smiled because she was okay. I waved Treasure off and walked towards the backyard to meet Marc with my new lil babydoll in tow.
For the rest of the day, babydoll stayed in my arms, she ate off of my plate, and refused to let me put her down. She whispered one word demands like, juice, potty, and eat, in my ear. But most importantly? She refused to let anyone touch me or her. When Treasure was ready to leave, she tried to take Key from arms, my babydoll turned into Chuckie. Treasure nearly threw her back into my arms. She was shocked. I held Key until she fell asleep then I carried her out to Treasure's Range Rover and strapped her into her car seat.
"She's so beautiful. She has your big mouth and cat eyes. Makes me wonder what our baby would've been like." I told Treasure as her head hung down. Lifting her chin up, I was met with eyes full of tears. "I think about our baby every day. Even though a decade has passed, I need you to tell me you forgive me, Treasure. I regret every day leaving you in that room. If I wouldn't have left that night, we'd be married by now and this Range Rover wouldn't have enough space to fit all of our beautiful babies. We'd be going home together, and I'd have Babydoll on one shoulder and you on my chest. I fucked up!" I stared at Treasure as tears ran down her face. She wiped her tears with her sleeve before she spoke. "I did too. I forgive you. I forgave you a long time ago, I just didn't know how to come to you after I left Hotel Derek. I should've told you! I should've said something. Now, it's so late. We've missed so much. I can't even look you in your face I'm so ashamed of the way I've carried on." Her phone rang interrupting us, she silenced the phone, and stared back at me for a moment before it began ringing again. She groaned in frustration. "DayQuan!! I'm on the way!"

"I gotta go." She said weakly.
"You live close??" She nodded.
"Where?" I asked
"On Elgin."
"Damn, we're closer than I realized. Put my number in your phone. Text me right now and call me if you need anything." I kissed her on the cheek walked to my car. I guided her out the neighborhood and onto the highway. We cruised at the same speed until we reached our separate paths. I sent up a prayer that we'd soon be together again.