Treasure Jones

About 25 minutes later, DayQuan pulled up into a gated neighborhood. He put in a code and drove slowly past all these beautiful half -million dollar houses. The further he drove, the more unfinished houses I saw. Until he pulled up in front of this perfect mini-mansion that had a circular driveway, multiple car garage, and floor to ceiling windows at the front of the house.
"Come on y'all." He said getting out the car.
This house was so beautiful, I was speechless.
I followed DayQuan to the door.
"Daddy, who's house is this?" Moni asked while walking towards the door.
Pulling 4 key rings out of his pocket, DayQuan replied, "Ours."
Looking me dead in my eyes.
"Unlock that door for me Treasure."
Doing as I was told, I placed the key that he'd given to me in the door and surely enough that bitch unlocked. Upon opening the door, a security alarm went off.
"The code 0112, put it on that key pad." He stated.
01-12. My birthday.
I walked to the keypad, put the code in, and deactivated the alarm.
Looking back at DayQuan I was confused.
"Day, what's going on? How did you do all this? You haven't even been working." She asked.
"I don't gotta work when I own half of that company. I did some dumb shit and got suspended from the site, but we have have crews at 7 other plants in the Houston area, 4 in West Texas, 3 in Louisiana, and 1 in North Dakota. I got stupid money. Oil field money. At this point, I'm clearing 2.4 million a quarter, and that's my take home. I work to keep me from gambling!" He smirked. "Follow me upstairs."
As I followed him, my head was swirling. The name of his company is EcoGreene... DayQuan Greene... I wanted to slap my own ass in the face. As we went up the stairs, he opened the doors to each room there were three rooms on one side of the hallway. The first room had a sticky note with Mond's name, inside Mond was lounging across king sized bed and already playing the game system that was hooked up to the TV mounted against the wall. Mond's room had its own bathroom and a walk-in closet.
He exited and I followed him into the room across the hall. This was Moni's room. There was a huge mirrored wall that had a mirrored bench. Moni was beaming from ear to ear.
"Daddy, how'd you do this? I just showed this to you two weeks ago!" She leaped with excitement. "Treasure look!"
Waving her hand in front of the mirror, it came to life with studio like lights. When she began touching it, music played. With the touch of another button, her TV rose from the floor. Guiding me into her bathroom, she also had a walk-in closet, but this one way bigger than her brother's. There's was a camera and ring light sitting in the middle of the circular closet with a small table facing another floor to ceiling mirror that was leaned against the wall.
"I told my daddy I wanted my own space to create content! What better way to do that than in this big ole closet. He's the best. I gotta FaceTime my best friend, she not gone believe this."
DayQuan remained silent as he pulled me out of Moni's closet and back into the hallway. On the side facing Moni's room, he opened the doors of the other two rooms that had a Jack and Jill bathroom.
"These for Jr and Jon, the other room for Lon." He said, speaking on his 7 year old twin boys who I'd rarely seen. Their mother had gotten married a few months back and she'd been keeping the boys away to "respect her husband".
Closing those doors, he walked to the rooms on the opposing side.
This room looked like a unicorn's nest.
There were two beds in there. This room also had its own bathroom, but it had two big closets.
"Yah Yah and Key Key." He smirked. "The girls gotta have their own bathrooms. I'm not trying to hear arguing all morning. Come on."

The last room he showed me was empty.
"This room...I'm gone have to wait and see about this room. I'll know soon what I'm gone do with it though. It's still more you need to see, so come on."
He led me back into the hallway that we'd reached the end of. Walking through the doorless entrance, I didn't know what to call this room. There was a projector mounted on the ceiling, a huge screen hanging from the ceiling, 4 desk with office chairs on one side of the wall that had MacBooks, and three Apple computers on the side. Theater chairs and bean bags lined in the center of the room. One corner was set up like a toy store and kitchen with a chalkboard wall. The other corner had a dry ease wall. In that corner, there were action figures and toy cars.
"This the media and play room. I don't want toys all over the house. So, this is the kid's area to chill." He said.
Grabbing my hand, he guided me to the other side of the room, and we went into another entrance similar to the one we walked into.
This room had two desks each with two monitors and a laptop.
"This is our office area. Follow me down these stairs." Going down the stairs, there was a door that opened up to a bedroom the size of an apartment. There was California King sized bed in the middle the room, an electric fire place, and a TV on the wall.
"This is the master suite. That door over there is the closets. That door is the bathroom, that door leads to the backyard, and this one will bring you in to the living room and the kitchen." He stated. "I haven't touched in here, the downstairs bathrooms, kitchen, or the guest room. Basically, the downstairs at all, I was going to leave that up to you."
"Day... I'm speechless."
"Bout time..." he muttered.
"Shut up. I can't believe you did all of this. Why?" I was shocked and shook.
"J'dore, the twins mama, she bad off on that shit. I'm gone have to put her out that house. My kids gone have to be with me. You said that your house wasn't big enough. Those two weeks I needed? That was to finish this house. I sold the condo this week. I'm telling you that I want to be with you. Beyond all the bullshit we been through, and probably still gone go through, I know we belong together. You don't gotta move in today. I feel like you got some shit you gotta handle with dude. Just know, this space here for you and for our kids. That money I asked you for? That was half on a storefront in Montrose that would've been perfect for your store. I was going to put up the other half. I've never asked you for nothing that would've benefited me. Maybe I should've been more forthcoming with my intentions. But I'm telling you, I'm tired of you overlooking me. You got some shit with you too Treasure. I just know in my heart, you the one for me. We gone stay tonight. I got you some clothes in your closet. I'm gone run you a bath. You gone let me take care of you?"
I nodded my head because I really couldn't say shit else. Everything I got on his ass about, he had fixed. I didn't even want the perfect Luca anymore, because DayQuan was starting to look pretty perfect on his own.