Treasure Jones

WHAP!

I slapped the fuck out DayQuan ass trying to wake him. He didn't budge. Once, I checked his pulse and made sure he was breathing, I got my day started. I went to the kitchen to set up my laptop and send out some emails while I started on breakfast. It was Monday, so I'm sure DayQuan's kids had to go to school. At 7, I woke the twins up to start their day and let them know that breakfast was downstairs once they were dressed. They were careful not to wake the younger two. I noticed they had all new clothes and shoes. DayQuan must've took them shopping. At least he takes care of these kids. After the twins retreated to the bathrooms, I went back into my room and shook DayQuan's ass again. He didn't move. I needed to know what his plans were for the other two kids. I went in the bathroom and got a bowl of cold water. Once I threw it on him, he shot up.
"Good Morning, Daddy!" I smiled.
"Get the fuck away from me you crazy ass bitch! Where my kids at?" He scrambled.
"Moni and Mond are getting ready for school, Yah Yah and Daylon are asleep. Breakfast is ready! See you downstairs!" I threw over my shoulder as I exited the room.

Even though DayQuan had the upper hand by knowing my secret, he now knew that he wasn't going to play me and walk away untouched. I wanted to keep his ass on his toes until he got the fuck from round me. As good as he fucked me last night, he still wasn't running shit and he still had 4 more days to get the fuck out of my house!

About 30 minutes later, I sat at the table with the twins while skimming through my work emails and having my morning orange juice. DayQuan came down the stairs fully dressed with Daylon in his arms. He spoke to his children, sat Daylon at the table, before walking over to me and kissing me on my forehead.
"Good morning Baby, how you feeling?" He asked as if last night didn't happen before heading to the kitchen.

He fixed plates for himself and Daylon before returning to the table. He interacted with his children. As I eavesdropped on their conversation, I was shocked that he was so informed about what his kids had going on. DayQuan reminded Daymond that he had track practice today. Moving over to Daymoni, Quan was asking her if the issues she was having with one of her teachers treating her unfairly had improved since he came to the school. He knew the names of their friends and all about everything that were interested in. As the kids went to gather their things for school, he cleaned up behind them. I was shocked to see that he wasn't as self-absorbed as I thought he was.
"Baby, you're not going to work today?" He asked drawing me from my thoughts.
"I'm working from home. I didn't know what your plans were for the kids today." I responded, not bothering to look at him.
"Is it cool if Yah Yah stays here while I drop these three off to school? I should be back before she wakes up."
"Sure. Keyani will probably enjoy her company."
"Don't let Key mean ass beat up on my baby girl!" We laughed because that's what Key typically does any time he has Yah Yah.

"He came to Joy's yesterday while we were there. ." I spoke up "Do you know she made him pick her up and didn't let him put her down until she fell asleep? Seeing that really made me want to scream and tell him. I don't know how to say I fucked up?" I wiped back the tears that were in my eyes and DayQuan sat down to the table.
"Even though you tried to kill me last night, I'm gon' keep it real with you; if I was him, I'd knock your head off your shoulders. I don't know why you didn't tell him that's his baby, but I know you could've reached out to him if he felt comfortable popping up at your sister's house."
"He and Marc are best friends. I admit, I could've reached out to him. I just couldn't swallow my pride and let him know that I was pregnant. When we were in college, I lost our first baby, he wasn't there for me. I called him, Joy called him, Marc called him, hell, even his mama was calling him. He never showed up until I was discharged from the hospital, only to find out that he had been with multiple bitches while I almost bled to death. That broke me. I had so much hate for him. I used that hate to drive me. By the next time I seen him, I'd finished nursing school, I'd brought my house, I'd gotten my business degree, and I'd started my first business. And I still felt empty, until I laid eyes on him." Tears ran down my face as I continued. "I woke up that morning with him, and I was angry that I let him back in that easily. But I didn't feel the emptiness that I had carried around for 6 years. So, I left. That was in April, I didn't find out I was pregnant until January 3 and had her January 19th. I told my sister that I had to have been pregnant before her wedding and I just didn't know it. She was skeptical because I hadn't brought any man around since I left Keese. She didn't question it though because why would I do something as fucked up as keeping him out of his baby's life? He's never going to forgive me Quan. After seeing how drawn she was to him last night, he's never going to look at me the same."
"He'll forgive you. That nigga love you and you love him. I ain't never seen nobody shut you up." He somberly joked.
"Fuck you DayQuan. Go take your kids to school, so you can get back here and keep Key from terrorizing Yah Yah." We laughed.
"Alright, I'll be back." He stopped. "Treasure, you know I got your back, right? You know I love you and I'm here for you?" I stared in his face and I saw the sincerity, but it was also kind of too late. I appreciated him in that moment though.
"Yeah, whatever. You know you got 4 days to get your homeless ass on." He smirked.
As he walked away, he threw over his shoulder "Homeowners can't be homeless, baby." And did that, "I know something that you don't know" chuckle.

He's so fucking sneaky.