CHAPTER 25

The Goblet today was standing at the top of the Hall. The house tables crackle with anticipation as, overhead, the enchanted ceiling swirls with dark clouds. At the staff's table, the staff's waited, Moody among them.

"The moment has arrived!"

The Hall quiet down and looked at the direction of the staff, where Dumbledore stood in the middle.

Dumbledore drew his wand and gave a great sweeping motion. Instantly, the torches lining the hall gutter, then die. The only light came from the blue-white flames of the Goblet.

A hush descends. Then... The flames crackle and turn bright strong angry red. A charred bit of parchment flutters from the Goblet and Dumbledore plucked it in mid-air.

"The champion for Drumstang is..." Dumbledore opened the parchment to check the name... "Victor Krum."

A storm of applause accompanies Krum from the Slytherin table to the top of the hall and into the adjoining chamber, which was located in the back of the Hall, behind the staff's table.

"Not a surprise here, " Draco whispered in Hadrian's ear, who only nod with a smile, trying to contain his giggles as he took the money from the pouting Blaise and gave it to Draco, who was smirking too.

The Hall grew quiet once more, all eyes were transfixed on the Goblet. The flames, which turned to the same shade of blue like less than ten minutes ago, turned to the angry red again. The second piece of parchment floated free.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is..." Dumbledore again began to open the parchment before starting to talk, "... Is Fleur Delacour."

There were whistling from every table and every bench in the Great Hall.

"And lastly, the Hogwarts champion."

This time the Goblet took a bit more time to turn red, and even more time to shoot the burnt parchment into the air.

"Cedric Diggory!"

The huge appulse from the Hufflepuff table was bigger than excepted, mainly because it wasn't only from the Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaw and big part of Slytherin joined too.

Now you may ask, in a polite way too, why the Slytherins would cheer to a Hufflepuff?

Ah, well there is a GOOD reason for that.

When Hadrian joined the school, he was horrified to hear from his mate about the rivalry between the houses, and even more, the behaviour and the discrimination toward a part of the houses. And therefore, decided to fix this.

He went to Hufflepuff first. He began to chat with some of the older students about why everyone hated them, Hufflepuff, and began to build a conversation from there. In the evening, he knew the other older students would here about their chat, and therefore would try to talk with him the next day, to see if what they heard about him was true.

And that is what had happened.

The younger students in the house heard from the older one that there is a Slytherin who doesn't have a problem with their house and went to check him too.

Eventually, he convinced the older students (who talked with the youngers)  to give a chance to Slytherin house, since his house is prejudiced too.

The Hufflepuffs agreed, and from the meeting on the quidditch pitch, became a friendship between the two houses.

Who knew older students has that much effect on the youngers?

"Excellent!" Dumbledore continued, "we now have our three champions. I'm sure I can count upon all of you to give your full support to each and every..."