Chapter 31

(This chapter is dedicated to @jimmyprotested29, our sass queen :)

Prakriti P.O.V

"You are mine now" Apsara Urvashi said touching Prince Arjuna while he was sleeping, suddenly Prince Arjuna eyes opened and he looked at the celestial maiden, she was wearing revealing clothes as she stand in his room, her eyes focused on him.

"What are you doing here?" He whispered gulping, his eyes never leaving the woman in front of him. "I am here for you, tonight I am yours" she said seductively and sat on the edge of bed touching the arm of Arjuna, he smiled, his eyes shining with excitement and he slowly nodded his head.

"Then come here" he said in husky voice and pulled the maiden in his strong arms.

I woke up with a gasp, my heart beat fast, sweat dripping from my forehead, I looked around me, I was in our shelter, Arya was sleeping soundly beside me holding my hand even in his sleep, I sighed and pulled my hand away from Arya, wiping the sweat from my forehead taking deep breath to calm my erratic heart beat. 

It was just a dream, Arya won't do such thing, I have full faith in him. 

Suddenly Arya stirred in his sleep and turned his body, facing me, his hand searching for me unconsciously, quickly he opened his eyes when he didn't find me. His eyes fell on me and he took a long breath "What happened, why are you awake?" He said, his voice husky due to sleep, this remind me of my dream but I shook my head trying to erase those vivid memories. I gave him a soft smile and rake my hand in his hair. "Nothing Arya, I was just thinking about something" I responded, he moved himself in sitting position. "What were you thinking, beloved?" He asked taking my hand in his, "About the future" I said not telling him about the dream for now besides it was nothing.

"Everything will be fine because we are all together" he said, I nodded my head and we both lie down again, I put my head on his chest and he put his arms around me. "You know, you can tell me anything right!" he said all of a sudden which made me frown in confusion. "Yes Arya, I can tell anything to you as you were my best friend before you became my husband" I said, he heaved a sighed and pulled me little closer. I closed my eyes and after a while finally went into a dreamless sleep.

***

"This is starting of your test Prakriti, I hope you will pass in this" Mahadeva said sitting in Kailash with a soft smile on his face.

***

Next morning, I was outside of the shelter giving water to the plants, Brother Bheem was practicing alone on his skills, Elder brother was sitting with some rishis talking to them, Twins were sitting with Krishne and engaged in a conversation. I saw Arya sitting beside the lake staring at the water, consuming in his thoughts. I made my way towards him and sat beside him.

"Why are you sitting here alone, Arya?" I said, since he came back from his journey, he sat alone most of the time lost in his thoughts. "I am just thinking" he said without turning his gaze at me and throwing the pebble in water. My face fell a little, whenever we talk, he always look in my direction but today he is too consumed in his thinking to even glance at me.

"About what?" I asked in low voice.

"Apsara Urvashi" his response came quickly, I sat there frozen for a seconds staring at him.

Apsara Urvashi, why is he thinking about her all of a sudden?

"Why?" I said, there is this ugly feeling started to grow in the pit of my stomach. Finally he turned his eyes towards me, he looked confused "Celestial nymph was attracted to me and she even entertained many being there even our ancestors, When I rejected her, she couldn't believe it so in response she cursed me but I guess it wasn't uncommon to give a curse the thing I am not able to understand is why creator of the world herself came in heaven that day to punish her" He asked with raised eyebrows, I just stared at him dumbfounded, Is he saying that me coming there and doing justice is a puzzlement for him and he is still thinking about that nymph. My fist clenched in irritation and I stood up from my seat "I don't know the answer to your question Arya, I guess you should ask it when you meet Adi Sakti herself someday" I responded, he slowly nodded his head "Very well" he said and turned his head towards lake again, I huffed lowly "I am taking my leave now" with that said I walked away from him, controlling my jealousy. I walked further inside the forest, my anger growing as the dream from last night flashed before my eyes.