Park Bench Cutie

Modern AU

It was a cool spring morning, and Curt was going for his daily jog. He went to the same park everytime because it seemed like he was the only one who knew it existed. It was like his secret base. Curt went there when he needed time to think or be away from people or if he was bored. He loved his park.

The fresh air welcomed him when he stepped out of his car. Curt smiled and took a deep breath. Today was going to be a good day, he could just feel it. He watched the green grass and flowers blow softly in the wind. Softly smiling, he picked up a cute purple wildflower and tucked it behind his ear.

Curt would never say it aloud, but he loved cute things. His park was the only place where he would give into that love, because he knew that no one was here to judge him for it. He took a quick selfie, one that he knew that only he would ever seen, then tucked his phone back into his dark blue shorts.

Walking along the paved path to the entrance of the park, Curt slightly stretched, trying to get the morning sleepiness out of his muscles. He only started jogging when he reached the walking path.

The breeze played with his hair as Curt ran down the familiar path. He'd been here so many times, he barely needed to pay attention to where he was going, so he let his mind wander. It landed on the biggest issue he had been dealing with in his life. Was he gay?

Curt had caught himself checking out some guy's ass and immediately questioned why he was doing that. At first he chalked it up to bad timing and daydreaming, but Curt had finally come to the conclusion that he had been looking at the man's butt on purpose. So did that mean he was gay?

While he was deep in thought, he hadn't noticed a glaring difference in the park. There was someone else there. Though the person wasn't paying much attention to Curt either.

However, when Curt tripped on nothing and fell face first right in front of the stranger, the person finally looked up from his book.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" The stranger rushed over to help Curt up. Curt, who was probably not okay, came face to face with the cutest man he'd ever seen. Oh yeah. He thought. I am gay.

"Excuse me, are you okay? Your whole face is red!" The man tried again.

Curt stuttered for a bit before managing to say, " 'M fine." The man looked over Curt's face and narrowed his eyes. "Your nose is bleeding, love." He said with his cute British accent.

Curt knew the man meant nothing by it, but he couldn't help blushing even more. Then he remembered what the man had said. He reached up and felt underneath his nose. There was, infact, blood.

"I'll be fine." Curt stated again. He tried to stand up but as soon as he did he felt dizzy. He started stumbling but the man was immediately by his side, steadying him. "C'mon, let's get you down on the bench." But before Curt could get there, he felt extremely dizzy and said, "I think I'm gonna pass out." And then he did.

-

"... A hot guy passed out in my arms, Cynthia, don't tell me to calm down! ... No, he's still out, he can't hear me. ... I think it was just shock, nothing too serious. He's just bleeding out of his nose and he's got a big bruise on his forehead, but beside that, he seems fine. ... Yes, Cynthia, I know the symptoms of a concussion, but I don't think he has one. ... Okay? He's had like, two of them. But does that mean he has a concussion? ... Well, I'm not a doctor either, Cynthia." The hot British man was talking fervently with the person on the other end of the phone.

Opening his eyes slightly to let some light in, Curt alerted the stranger to the fact that he was awake.

"He's awake now, Cynth. I've gotta go." The man hurriedly said, before hanging up on his friend and returning to observing Curt. "How are you, love?" He asked worriedly. Curt sat up quickly, not wanting to worry the stranger any more than he already had.

"I feel better now... And... Thanks for not calling 911 or pickpocketing me or whatever." Curt smiled gratefully at the handsome man. The man smiled back, and Curt could swear he saw some blush on his cheeks.

A slight smirk found it's way to Curt's mouth. "So you think I'm hot?" The man's eye widened for a second before smirking back. "Why? Are you interested?" Curt laughed. "Yes." He stated bluntly.

The man was taken aback and his face was set aflame. "Well then." He cleared his throat, then reached his hand out and said, "Owen Carvour. And you are?"

"Curt Mega." He grabbed Owen's hand and pressed a kiss to his knuckles. "Oh dear lord..." Owen murmured under his breath, his blush deepening even more.

"Is now an appropriate time to asked for your number?" Curt suggested, pulling out his phone. "Considering everything that has happened, probably." Owen shrugged, pulling his own phone out. They exchanged phones and put each other's numbers in.

Curt smiled as he renamed the contact. Owen would never know, but for the longest time he was Park Bench Cutie in Owen's phone.

(Owen renamed Curt's contact to Smooth Piece of Shit, so I'd say they're fair.)

A/n

937 words

In the musical Curt is really cocky and arrogant before Owen's death, but no one ever protrays him that way in fanfiction-
Idk maybe I'm being picky-

Anyway I hoped you enjoyed :p