Chapter 4

He comes to slap me, the last touch I will ever have when...a hand stops him.
"What do u think you're doing Gin?"
His low voice asks.
She narrows her eyes and "that's what I should be asking you." She replies.
"Teaching my subordinate a lesson"
Her fingers tighten on his arm.
"If I'm not mistaken you just fired her."
They stare each other down for a few seconds. Akutagawa brushes off Gin's hand and puts his in his pockets; he walks until I see two pairs of feet in front of me.
"You are released from my command and are no longer my subordinate." He looks down at me with disappointment and some emotion I can't place. The only sound is his echoing footsteps slowly fading away.
I let out a small sob and bury my face in my hands. Everything I had ever worked for was gone and I was going to die now.
I curled up against the wall and stared into the darkness ahead of me.
Then I felt fingers lift my face and found myself looking into the ebony eyes of Gin.
"Why are you crying?" She asks.
"Why do u think!?" I replied hoarsly. "My senpai has discarded me and I'm going to die tomorrow."
A slight smile curled at Gin's lips.
"If you want to lie down and let that happen i won't stop you. But I have something else in mind."
"Like what!?" I half scream at her.
She slams me against the wall, pins my wrists above my head and leans in close so i can smell a fragrant yet bloody scent. I wince as the bricks dig into my back.
"I can let you live." She breathes."If you work under me then I can let you live."
My eyes widen. "Y-you would do that for me..!?" I stutter, my heart racing.
She smirks and says,"sure." She whispers so close to my ear I can hear her lips brushing together,"You'll have to pay me back with your body."