Chapter 6

The rest of the meeting is learning everything about the target, his lifestyle, food, habits and personality. It concludes with memorizing the layout of the building.
Everyone else had memorized it but there are still some bits I've forgotten so I stay behind to put it all in my brain.

"Oh Higuchi, you were still here."
I raise my head to the direction of the voice to see Gin peering into the room.
"Oh...yeah I still need to memorize the information, why are you here?" I ask.
"Forgot my jacket." She replies walking to her seat and picking up her long black coat.
I return my attention to the block of text but anything I read isn't going into my head.
"Hey Higuchi.."
I jump as I realize Gin is sitting next to me. "What!? Oh, um yeah what is it?" I answer weakly.
She pauses briefly before saying,"say have you ever done an assasination before?"
I blink in surprise.
"Well no, whenever Akutagawa senpai received one he always did it by himself. He said doing it solo was easier and better."
"Hmmmm really." Gin puts her head on the desk and blankly stares into the distance. "So you still call him senpai."
I turn my head to Gin,"uh well it's hard to break the habit." I reply flustered.
Another "hmmmmm"
"I'm sorry it annoys you doesn't it, I won't say it anymore."
Gin raises her head to look at me. "No it's fine....it doesn't bother me."
"Oh." I say relieved. "Good."
Another 5 minutes of staring at a block of writing.
"So ummm Gin, why are you still here?" I ask trying to break the silence.
"Tired."
"Right."
"Hey Gin have you ever had a subordinate before?"
"No, I usually work alone."
"Oh really!" I exclaim. "You're a bit like senpai then, I mean you are his sister, I remember when the detective agency and I found out, I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it sooner."
Anger flashes in Gin's eye so quickly I could've imagined it.
"Yeah." She replies standing up. "I guess I am."
She walks over to the door and says,"see you tomorrow," then leaves with the door swinging wide open.

I sit there wondering if I really had just imagined it and if I did, what triggered it.