Chapter 15

Gin stares at me across the room.
"Gin!" I pant using a chair to support myself.
"I'm sorry, I always said the harshest things without a second thought. I never considered your feelings and I had the nerve to ask you why you were so mad.
I don't deserve to love you but I do. I'm sorry. Please let me have my last foolish request though."
I slide onto the floor and start sobbing.
"Please don't ignore me!"
I let out my tears that I had been holding in. I'm afraid that Gin won't forgive me but I've confessed everything and all I can do is wait for judgement.
I hear the screech of a chair.
I look up through my puffy eyes and see Gin stand and then fall back into her chair, looking stunned.
"You.....really......do......love......me."

I kneel in front of Gin, wipe my nose, and answer,"well...yeah."
A small pitter patter falls onto Gin's knees. I look up at her face in surprise. Tears fall down her cheeks. Even when crying she still looks so beautifull it makes my heart ache.
"You...really did..love me." She hicoughs.
I smile and say,"of course."
She hicoughs again and then says,"I'm sorry as well. I was mad at you because I saw you about to kiss Yoko.
I knew it was none of my business but I couldn't help but get jealous so I had a little tantrum, pretty childish of me huh? Well when Yoko saw me in such a sad mood she confessed everything but I couldn't contact you at all today so I waited in here for you to turn up."
She turns to smile at me. "And you did."
I let a few more tears escape before clutching her hand tightly.
"What made you come?" Gin asks.
"I met Akutagawa and he pursaded me to straighten things out with you. You two are lucky that you've got each other." I say lacing my fingers with hers.
"Yep." Gin answers."I love my brother very much. But people were always comparing us and they'd always say my brother was better. I was always in his shadow and I hated it. I thought that now I am an adult I would be over it but I'm still bothered by it."
So that was why her face would darken whenever I mentioned Akutagawa. She must have been through alot to be able to talk about it this light heartedly.
"You shouldn't be." I say. "You're both amazing as individuals but personally..."
I lean in to kiss the bruise where I punched her earlier and whisper.
"I like you more."
Her tears wet my face as she slowly touches my lips with hers.
"I love you Gin." I whisper.
"I love you too Higuchi." She whispers back.
Our foreheads touch and we start laughing. "It took too long." Gin mutters as she cradles my face in her hands. "Just to say I love you."
She kisses me again, more fiercely this time, her tongue taking no time to slip between my teeth and into my mouth. I let out a moan as I slide my fingers into her hair and wrap my legs around her. In one fluid motion, Gin stands up while kicking the door shut behind her.
It closes with a click.
Gently laying me on the table, she unbuttons my shirt while I pull off hers and we kiss fiercely again. We fall into a tangle of tongues and teeth and don't let up the entire night.
I do not remember much of the morning but finding myself lying in Gin's arms with the sun's rays shining onto her hair and extreme happiness radiating from my heart.