Chapter 10

We walk towards the hotel to make the reservation.
The sun beats down and I let out a contented sigh as we enter the cool shade. A slim hand laces mine and squeezes my hand.
I look up at Gin in surprise as she gives me a breathtaking smile. "We're more like a couple this way." She says with a wink.
I blush and look down at the floor, unable to supress the smile from my lips.
We walk, swinging hands, glancing up at each other and then blushing and looking away.
"Ahh Higuchi your hands have gotten really hot." Gin says after a while.
She places her forehead on mine and says,"you're burning up."
She's so close I can see all the colours in her eyes and smell her fragrant scent.
"Huh right." I say breathlessly, not really taking in what she's saying.
"I'll get something cold for you to drink, wait here."
Gin walks off, leaving me staring at her back, face still warm.
I wait by the wall, looking up into the sky.
Being with Gin makes me....happy but I've loved senpai for so long I don't think my feelings for him can go away. Or can they?
Suddenly, a hand grabs the back of my neck and yanks me sideways into an alley.
Immediately, I twist the arm on my neck, hearing a yell as it lets go of me. I run to the small light at the end of the alleyway but it's blocked by three burly men. Panting, I skid to a stop. So it's going to be like that is it?
I pull my gun out of my jacket and say,"move or I'll shoot."
The burly man in the middle brings out his own gun and smirks at me,"come on then girlie."
My eyes fill with disgust and hate. I shoot the wall so it ricochets and while it hits the man on the left I shoot the man on the right. They both look stunned for a second then fall down with a spurt of blood.
The man grunts in annoyance. He snaps his fingers.
The sound of many footsteps.
I look up and gasp to see other grunts jumping down from the windows above in a surprise attack attempt.
Crap I think. This isn't good. I run towards the exit.
"Oh no you don't." The man cries pulling the trigger of his gun.
Time slows, I see the bullet slicing towards me. I sidestep and gracefully dodge the bullet while flipping my gun in my hand. I slam the butt of the gun across his temple making his eyes roll back into his head and his body fall backwards onto the floor bringing up clouds of dust.
The grunts stare at their bosses body on the floor for a second, before charging at me again.
The sound of bullets and bodies hitting the ground ring out in the alley as I try to halt their flow while escaping.
Then a searing pain rips through my left leg and I look down in shock at my blood covered leg. Gritting my teeth, to keep a scream contained, I throw away my gun, now useless without any bullets in it, and limp towards the exit.
A punch to my face sends me sprawling to the ground and stars exploding in my eyes. Someone hauls me up under the armpits and drags me back down the alley, letting my legs trail behind.
I see the light at the end of the alley slowly fading away before, I too, black out.