Chapter 9

The wall digs into my back. It's uncomfortable.
Yoko is Gin's childhood friend.
I've been standing here for a long time. My legs are numb.
Yoko is Gin's childhood friend.
I've been staring at the same place for a while. My eyes hurt.
Yoko is Gins childhood friend.
"Aaah." I let out a pathetic moan and shake my head side to side trying to clear my thoughts.
So what if Yoko is Gin's childhood friend! I don't know what I'm getting so worked up about.
I sigh a sit down, my legs groaning in delight. I knew that Akutagawa senpai and Gin came from the slums but I didn't know they knew anyone there. Akutagawa senpai never told me anyway.
"Higuchi!"
I look up and a small blush lights my cheeks.
Gin appears wearing a white dress with her hair down. She looks angelic and is glowing as she walks towards me.
Frantically, I stand up and try to sort my own clothes out but to no avail.
"Ahh Higuchi your tie is wrong."
"Huh?" I look down and realize she's right. She laughs and starts to tie it for me. I avert my eyes and try to keep my breathing under control as her hands graze my neck.
"All done!" She says but her hands remain on my tie.
"How did you learn to tie a tie?" I ask out of interest.
"My mum taught me." she says quietly. "She said it was an important life skill."
The fact that she speaks in past tense tells me enough.
"Oh... I'm sorry.." I say awkwardly. "Ahh don't worry about it." Gin says. "It happened a long time ago anyway"
"She sounds like a wonderfull person, from what I just heard," I offer.
Gin smiles sadly," I guess she was."
A moment passes between us.
"I'm sorry I was late by the way." Gin says.
"Uh no it's fine." I say distracted by the fact that her hand is still on my tie. "Akutagawa senpai was always late, you two are quite alike."
Shadows darken her eyes for a second and she releases her grip on my tie. "Well shall we go then?" I ask oblivious.
She nods silently.
I start to walk forward when I realize Gin hasn't moved. "Wha..." I begin.
Gin suddenly yanks on my tie, pulling my face sidways towards her.
My eyes widen as her lips gently caress mine. Her ebony eyes are closed as she tugs on my tie again, drawing us closer together. It feels like time has stopped and theres only us in that moment.
As Gin pulls back all the noise comes back and I'm left standing there with a dumbstruck look on my face. A small, sweet but mischievous smile lights her face as she says,"now, let's go."