[•17•]

----------------------------
C H A P T E R 1 7 :
STAY AWAY
----------------------------

💛Kim Taehyung : 19 years old

"Hey Mom" the brunette greeted once he saw his mother waiting for him at the door.

"Dad's here waiting" she said and held his arms. In which, Taehyung answered with a heavy sighed. The news he heard last time flashed back to his mind.

Once he entered the house. His father is nowhere to be seen.

"Is he at the library?" He asked because if there is one place to find his dad it's in the library.

"You always knew your dad" his Mom mummbled. She took his bag and went upstairs. For Taehyung, he was still standing there with hands on his waist.

'I really don't like most of his ideas for the company'

The boy thought before heading his way to the library. Where he saw his father raoming around while reading a book.

He just waited there thinking about what to say but his mind just went blank.

Although, he noticed Taehyung's presence but didn't uttered any word.
"What was that all about?" Taehyung suddenly asked. He knew that his father knows what he meant.

"Come here son" he gestured Taehyung to sit down infront of him at a square shaped desk.

Ofcourse he had to follow him

"How's school?" The first question he suspected

"Great" a small word came out of the son's mouth.

"I heard you met a great friend there" his father said but didn't took of his eyes from the book.

"What does that had to do with this? Does Jisoo know?" Out of the sudden Taehyung asked

Although he had to wait 10 seconds before his father could answer.

"Have you read this book I kept for you?" He asked

"Dad c'mon. Answer me"

"And I will" Taehyung couldn't get the idea of what his dad was doing but all he did to led out a sigh.

"Yeah. I have"

He noticed the look in his father to which he knew he was waiting for an answer about the story.

"It was a story about a prince and a princess who are a childhood friends. Years passed as they haven't seen each other, it turned out that they don't remember each other anymore. In the end, they didn't end up together as a couple neither having a family. They did, but separately. Sad ending" Taehyung summarized the whole story.

"Do you wonder who owns the book. And why I am keeeping it for you?" His father asked but all he can do was sit and listen

"Your Mom" with this he can't took of his eyes off the book as his dad pointed the name of the author.

"You mean-"

"Yes. And this is the one and only book. No copies, just one. And it's for you" he said and pushed the book to Taehyung.

"When did she made this?" He asked

"When you were 12" his dad answered

"But what does this have to do with the arrangement? Jisoo will not like the idea of being married to someone she doesn't love" Taehyung said feeling frustrated.

His father stood up and placed his hands on his back.

"The answer is already infront of you." He answered and walk out of the room

"The book? Is he stupid?" He mummbled.

"Taehyung-ah Dinner is ready" his mother called from the outside.

In the middle of eating their food, Taehyung remembered Andrew.

'Let's meet at K-café, on saturday at 5 in the afternoon'

"Do you have something to do on saturday?" His dad asked

"Yeah"

"Is it important?" Another question sent to him.

"For Me" he answered and finished his food.

"Well then, we'll have to move the family meeting on sunday" he lifted his head with curiosity in him.

"Family what?"

"Son.  Jisoo's dad called us lately that we will meet them on saturday but since you have somewhere to go, we'll have to move it on sunday" his mom called.

Jisoo's house is just across from them all they need to do is walk.

"Overthinking?"

"I'll go to bed Mom. I'm sleepy" he said and ignored his dad.

Yes, both of them are close and best budds. But forcing him to marry someone he doesn't love made him ignore his father.

'Hyung! Please don't leave'

'Promise me to take care of someone. Okay'

'Who? I will'

'Hyung!'

"Whaaa" Taehyung woke up from his dream. Although, it did happen in the past.

He dreamt about his brother again, Taehyung isn't the only son of his parents. But the only son left to them.

His brother died due to illness, and he did not survive from it. He ended up holding hands when he finally closed his eyes.

'Promise me to take care of someone. Okay'

"Hyung, you didn't finished it. Who will I take care of?" He mummbled and hugged himself while he cries.

He looked up again once he heard his door cracked

"What happened?" His mother asked

But all he can do is look down and gazed to a picture frame. His mother followed his gazed and saw it was a picture of him and his brother.

"Did you dream of it again?" His mother asked once she sat at the edge of his bed.

"Yeah" cold voice made his mom sad.

She gave him a warm embrace enough to remove Tae's sadness inside him.

"What did he tell you before he died?" She asked

"He told me to take care of someone but he never mentioned who" he answered

"Maybe he has left a clue. And we will find it soon" his mother answered but didn't remove her embrace to his son.
"I hope so"