Introduction/Chapter 1

Copyright disclaimer: All rights are reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced/retransmitted in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder. Any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

(Warning: This book contains triggering sexual content (rape) and abuse. If you are sensitive to these topics, I would strongly advise not reading this particular story - the last thing I would want is for my writing to negatively affect anyone. By placing this warning label and making you all aware of the triggers beforehand, I would hope you all know how much time and effort I have devoted to this and how inconsiderate it would be to do anything that would disrupt the publishing of it. This may not be the story for you so don't read it if it sounds like something that would trigger you.

Furthermore, I would like to thank you for choosing my story, it took me months to write and I'm glad I can share it with you all. I know the first two or three pages isn't that engaging, but I promise the more you read the better it gets. Enjoy!)

❁ ❁ ❁

You can imagine the characters however you would like! But in the story they do have certain features and aesthetics that play a role in forming the story line.

Cassandra Crimson
Height in book: 5'1
Age: 18
Eyes: grey eyes
Hair: black

*Cassandra's Aesthetic*

Alec Williams (Ace) Height in book: 6'4Age: 34Eyes: Brown 

Alec Williams (Ace)
Height in book: 6'4
Age: 34
Eyes: Brown 

*Alec's Aesthetic*

Jessie Jones Height in book: 6'2Age: 27Eyes: Light blue

Jessie Jones
Height in book: 6'2
Age: 27
Eyes: Light blue

*Jessie's Aesthetic*

❁ ❁ ❁

Chapter: 1

(Cassandra's POV)

The morning light peeked through my window, the subtle change of luminescence completely drawing my eyes open. Given I had actually slept, maybe the subtle change in the atmosphere wouldn't have pulled me into reality so abruptly. However, I didn't sleep, hence my subconscious awareness of my surroundings.

The whole night my mind was scattered, contemplating every possible scenario that could go wrong today, keeping me in a dazed limbo throughout the night. I yawned before pulling my body upwards towards the head-board of my bed, exhaustion finally hitting me due to the lack of sleep. I took a moment to bask in the tranquility of my new room, which was still empty after procrastinating to unbox my stuff.

As I surveyed the unfamiliar sun lit room,
I came to the realization that despite the old scratched up wallpaper and broken floor boards, the room had a very charming aspect to it. No matter how lonesome it felt to be in this new mismatched, incompatible city, I couldn't have chosen a cozier place to live.
I exhaled a sigh of relief, a feeling of contentment growing under the soothing heat of the sun's glow, that pleasantly warmed my skin.

Gazing over at my lit up phone screen suddenly snapped me out of my relaxed state and I tumbled out of bed, remembering I needed to get ready for my first day at a new college. After hurrying to the bathroom, I washed my face, moisturized and quickly applied some mascara. I've always been one to put a concerted effort into my appearance, but not in the sense I would waste precious moments of my time overlooking every small detail of my complexion.

After running a comb through my obsidian, long black hair, I rushed back to my room to get changed. The previous night, I had spent an hour picking out the perfect outfit, finally deciding on my ivory ankle length skirt with a matching wool turtleneck.

Though I used to get teased for dressing so modest and elegant just for school, I adored my feminine, yet sophisticated clothing.
I have always felt my attire presented me as poised and delicate, similar to a Jasmine flower...that's how my mom used to describe me anyway - her little Jasmine flower. One last glance at the clock signalled it was time for me to head out. While letting out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding in, I grabbed my bag, keys and wallet before heading out the door.

I nearly tripped over my own feet rushing down the steep staircase of my apartment building to get to my car. You see, vintage vehicles have always had a special place in my heart, therefore I was ecstatic when I had first bought my 1977 white BMW. It had taken years of perseverance to achieve my goal of buying a classic car. Constantly scrimping and saving from my old miserable job as a barista at the local grill in my home town of Poparville. Taking every extra shift and going without countless luxuries, even necessities, paid off in the end when I was able to finally afford an old fashioned car in perfect condition. As I drove onto the main road, I flipped through the radio stations before landing on a song that immediately caught my attention; "Where Did our Love Go by The Supremes."

As much as I longed for the ability to push stained memories out of my head, I was incapable of doing so and couldn't prevent my mind from revisiting the aching memory of me and my mother baking cookies on a cold winters day, while this song played on our old shortwave radio in the background. Although it should be considered a joyful memory, I deemed any recollection of me and my mother a painful one, as the thought of her only brought me the feeling of remorse.

I didn't even notice my eyes began to prickle with fresh tears, as my mind was too focused on reminiscing each detail of the memory -
The giggles that echoed throughout our one-story house, as we threw chocolate chip's in the air, whilst trying to catch them in our mouths. Every now and then she would have to scold me for eating the batter and while we patiently waited for the cookies to bake, I remember standing on her feet as we jokingly waltzed throughout our tiny kitchen. My chest tightened at the memory of her and I bit my lip in an attempt to silence the sobs I desperately needed to let out one day, as I had been holding them in since her funeral. The more I concealed these emotions, the more my heart ached with sorrow.

My thoughts were soon interrupted when I realized I had finally arrived. I glared up at the massive building in front of me, as I pulled into the student parking lot. My enthusiasm about school was immediately replaced with dread.

(Author note: Hey! How you guys like it so far? I know this chapters a little short and all over the place, but I wanted you guys to get a feel of the main character first.

This is my first time writing a short story online for others to read so it may be a tad rough. I really appreciate any feedback you guys might have, so feel free to leave some! Thanks again for reading my story! 💗 )