Chapter:21

(Cassandra's POV)

Another uneventful day went by. I came to the realization that whenever Alec wasn't home, aside from me and Jessie's little adventure, life would feel quite dull and pointless. I wouldn't go as far as to say I miss him, but I would rather have someone around than no one. I had hoped Jessie could keep me company now that we've formed some type of relationship, but I've noticed he goes out more than Alec does, so, naturally, that just leaves me completely alone during the day. I didn't think my life could get any lonelier then it was before, but I was proved wrong.
Lately days just felt indistinguishable, like I was navigating my way through a giant haze. Everything passing me by in slow motion, yet time slipping away awfully fast - a paradox I was not the fondest of by any means.

Now the time was 6:00, I had exactly two hours to get ready before Ace's..."clients" arrived. Back in high school, and even now, I never wore much makeup or drastically changed my natural appearance. I did the basic things like brushing my hair, dressing professionally, maybe using a bit of mascara from time to time. But aside from those few things, I never spent hours trying to make myself look like a "super model" to say the least.

Maybe I just had more of a realistic mindset compared to most of my piers because contrary to them, I didn't get multiple "tardy's" due to never being able to leave the house without makeup...even when they're already running late.

The day's I didn't have time to complete my small routine (which was often), I just let it happen. I never felt it was imperative to wear makeup and revealing clothing just for school. I needed an education, and a good reputation, which required being on time for school.
Not having a boyfriend and constant attention for all the wrong reasons.

But tonight, something was different, maybe Ace was having a seriously negative effect on me, because usually I'm anything BUT vain, yet tonight I wanted to make myself as attractive as possible, know what it's like to have men's eyes on me, along with their undivided attention. Or maybe in some twisted way I just wanted Ace's attention and to anger him for wearing something revealing like he told me not too...any type of interaction seemed better than nothing.

After I showered, I headed to the room that was suppose to be mine and entered the walk in bathroom to get ready. After blow drying my hair and applying dozens of different hair products, I curled it, creating a classic wave hairstyle. I then started on my makeup.
After following 8 different YouTube videos and an eternity of going over and fixing every little mistake to make sure it was perfect, I had finished with a neutral, cat eye look and some glossed lips. Surprisingly, I was very impressed with the final results. I had never put so much hard effort and care into my appearance and I felt confident for probably the first time in my life. For my outfit I decided on shorter stilettos, to give the illusion I was at least 5'3.

After I had finished my hair and make-up, it was time for the most important part of my ensemble...picking the perfect dress. After an eternity of going through and trying on dresses, I finally found one; A pale blue ankle length dress, with thin straps and realistic, albeit fake flowers detailing the dress. It was straight out of a fairytale and undeniably stunning. Lastly, I accessorized with some chandelier earrings, and a few plain silver rings I found in a small jewelry box that matched the interior (they were probably there to take up space) but never the less, I found them cute and decided to wear them.

(Authors note: Hey guys! Sorry I know this chapter wasn't my best. I was in a rush while writing this specific page and when I edited it, I didn't feel like rewriting everything. The main point was to describe what her appearance for the dinner is suppose to look like. I just chose to fix the small mistakes and leave it as it is. I tried my best to make it work, but if the wording doesn't sound right, my apologies!)