Chapter:8

The room alone was bigger then my cramped apartment. The walls were painted black, the floors made of marble and paired with a black braided rug, along with some sheer dark grey curtains.

The room itself some what frightened me...it was very simple and clean. But also very dark, gloomy and...lonely perhaps. If I lived in this room I surely would be depressed. Maybe that's why he brought me here - to bring me to a room I'd loose my mind in. Another sick part of his torture plan.

"Where are we?" I quietly asked.

"Where you'll be staying" he returned in a monotonous voice.

"Whose room is this?"

"Mine."

Oh please no. I could barely make eye contact with the psychopath, now he wants me to sleep with him? Not sex (or at least I hope) but literally sleep with him?

Guess either way I should consider myself some what lucky I'm not being killed or sold...at least not yet.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"I've decided I don't want you to be out of my sight. If your as intelligent as I assume, you may have found a way out of that room. At least here I know you won't."

Great. So any chance I thought I had of escaping just flushed down the drain.

He pushed me onto the bed before sitting next to me and sighing to himself.
We sat there in silence for awhile, him obviously contemplating something in his head, while I was too intimidated to speak so I just sat there, knees to my chest, afraid to move.

He then turned his head to me, looking me up and down, not saying anything just staring at me with those dark orbs. His eyes shot daggers through me and I shuddered at his cruel stare that clearly illustrated his bitter irritation towards my presence at that very moment.

"I have to talk to Jessie. Stay put. And don't try anything."

With that he got up and left the room. When he was at least 10 feet away from the door, I darted over and attempted to open it. Of course it was locked. Most unfortunately, there was no way from the inside to unlock it.
So I walked back over to the bed and decided to get some real sleep, seeing as I've basically pulled an all nighter, despite the few hours I was drugged.

(Alec's POV)

"What the fuck was that. Actually let me rephrase, who the fuck was that?" Were the words coming straight from Jessie the minute I reached the main level.

"Her names Cassandra." I responded flatly before pouring myself a drink.

Jessie was the closest thing I had to a best friend. You'd think by now he would know me well enough to know I don't owe him an explanation as to why I choose to do something.

"Yeah I know. You introduced us, remember? Why the fuck is she here though? Who is she?" He replied, agitated by my vague response.

Wow, was he ever being fucking annoying today. But as I've learned I need to have connections, I need people to confide and trust in me, so as I've learned I probably need to take the responsibility of ending the conversation before it escalates.

Jessie was intelligent and very strong, which often proved he was a virtue to the mafia.
But at times he was very naive when it came to understanding what goes on in my head, and that irritated me.

Other people feared him too which made us form a good alliance. He's also perfect for learning how to converse with others. I guess it was a plus that we've known each other most of our lives and if I had to be around anyone 24/7 I could tolerate him the most...although Cassandra might change that.

I might as well set him straight early though to avoid a fight.

"Jessie. This is MY house. My private affairs should be of no concern to you. In other words, leave it the fuck alone and don't worry about it."

He glared hard at me for several moments before scoffing as he brushed passed me, slamming the door on his way out.

I've learned to be stern with people, exude superiority, dominance, it's what helps me obtain control over the people closest to me. "Closest to me", no one really is close to me. I emotionally distance myself from everyone and do what needs to be done to prevent that. I never even feel remorse or look back. Guilt is a useless emotion.

After gulping down the rest of my scotch, my mind wandered back to Cassandra. It bothered me I couldn't read her true intentions when I had first met her. She didn't throw herself at me...really she didn't even give me a second glance. My curiosity had led me to do some digging on her which really just intrigued me further. This girl was an absolute mystery to me, and it made me crave her more. I wanted to unravel her like a candy. Learn everything I possibly could about her and then break her. Build her up. Then break her again. Create a viscous cycle.

Though I used to hate women for this, I wanted her to confide in me, and only me for that matter. For her to look to me for reassurance and care. Honestly, I think I just wanted her to need me. I set my glass down on the coffee table, before loosening my tie and returning upstairs.

(Authors note: Sorry guys! I realize this chapter was kind of short and poorly phrased. It gets better. I was just in a rush today and don't really feel like taking a longer amount of time then I already have, trying to fix this one page.)