Chapter:24

(Trigger warning - mature content )

Xavier had been gone for a solid seven minutes, leaving me alone to converse with this rather discourteous, cold group of men who seemed to emit superiority, completely discouraging any confidence I had tried to obtain. There was a giant silver clock on the wall behind us which I had found myself repeatedly looking over at. The minutes seemed to pass by at a ridiculously sluggish speed. I prayed the whole night wouldn't continue on at such an agonizingly slow pace.

I had hoped after several moments they would warm up to me or any sense of conversation could be started, but these men didn't want "friendly conversation." Any attempts I had made to chit-chat were shut down almost immediately by their clipped responses.

When we had almost reached the ten minute marker, the tension had become much too unbearable. Their disturbing gazes never left my body, yet it was near impossible to actually get one of them to say more than three words to me.

The terribly awkward interaction left me severely uncomfortable and antsy. Not only because of the men, but because I was presented with a clear opportunity to escape my captor and I couldn't even consider it for a multitude of reasons.

I felt like a child being brought into a toy store. Having shiney, colourful, idiosyncratic toys dangled right in front of me, knowing full well I'll never own any of the appeasing objects.
I would be stuck watching those doors open and close - stuck watching people coming and going all night, knowing the one thing I've fantasized about for the past month and however many weeks, is just out of my reach.
I was being scrutinized in the most irritating fashion and these unwelcoming men certainly weren't helping matters. Frankly, I was done maintaining my polite facade, despite really being miserable inside.

"Sorry, you'll have to excuse me" I uttered, mid sentence already turning away.

I searched for a bathroom on the main level, once finally finding one, I shut myself inside and hurried over to the sink. Irritation and rage flooded through me, rapidly heating my body. Small droplets of sweat started to form on my forehead. I turned the tap on, blasting the cold water while I rolled my sleeves up and splashed the chilly liquid up my fore arms in an attempt to cool me down. Millions of different thoughts were racing around in my mind. My ears became numb to the background noise that started to sound more and more like loud static buzzing in my ears. I was so distracted that I didn't even hear the door open and close behind me...

"You look amazing in that dress...much better than most of Ace's sluts"

My thoughts were interrupted by the deep, familiar voice behind me. I turned around to see Xavier leaning against the wall biting his lip, devouring me with his eyes. I was surprised I managed to suppress the scream that lingered in my throat from almost having a heart attack.
What was he doing in here!?

"Excuse me? I finally responded to his rude remark. Instead of answering though, he continued to stare at me.

"X-Xavier what are you doing in here!? I thought I locked the door."

Without answering my question he took slow, deliberate steps towards me, analyzing every inch of me. I unintentionally took a few steps back the more he took forward, before hitting the wall behind me.

"I followed you" he answered, standing only a few inches away from me.

I could smell his rich cologne along with the strong scent of whiskey, pungent on his breath.

"W-what are you d-doing?" I stuttered out. A nervous habit I had yet to break. suddenly my body felt indulged with sweat by our close proximity. He pressed his hand onto the wall beside my head before leaning his head down to my ear and whispering;

"I just needed a little break from the crowd. You seem like you could use something to sooth your nerves too, hm?"

"No, I-I'm okay. I was about to head back so..."

Suddenly I felt his nose brush against my jawline as he began to lay wet kisses on my neck. I froze before shuddering at the action, feeling absolutely stunned.

"Xav-"

"Don't talk" he cut me off.

Suddenly I felt his hand go under my dress and gently slide up my thigh. My mouth felt dry and my knees almost gave out, as I began to feel more and more nervous. His hand reached my panties and he rubbed circles on the outside.

"STOP" I yelled while turning my head to the side and trying to push him off of me, if anything though, I only gave him better access to my neck. My brain wasn't fully intact with my actions either. He moved his mouth from my jaw to my lips and kissed me aggressively, as I desperately tried to get out from under him. Suddenly, I felt my stomach twist as his tongue slipped into my mouth. I felt like I was going to be sick.

"Get off of me" I screamed.

"Please stop! I need to go back, A-Ace will notice I'm missing." I pleaded.

"Mmm, not yet" he responded, before starting to lay more aggressive and sloppy kisses on the side of my face and my neck. I squirmed under him trying to get out from our current position.

"Feeling you squirm under me is just turning me on even more Cass" he mumbled pressing himself harder between my legs.

"No...stop!" I struggled underneath him and it seemed the harder I tried to get free, the harder he fought to keep me there. Finally I pushed him off of me just as the doorknob twisted open and Jessie walked in.

"What the fuck is going on here?"

But he didn't need an explanation, he knew exactly what was going on.

"Cassandra wait outside." Don't have to ask me twice, I'm desperate to get out of here I thought to myself before silently exiting.
As I waited outside the doorway I heard several loud noises and banging before Jessie came out. His eyes were narrowed, fists freshly bruised and still clenched and his chest vigorously heaved up and down.

"Are you okay?" I quietly asked.

"I should be asking you that."