Chapter:22

(Alec's pov)

It was a long, depleting day. Someone didn't pay on time and after giving them multiple chances, which is a rare occurrence from me, I had to get my hands dirty. Although, one would think I enjoy the murderous nature that comes with being the boss, I get tired of having to carry through with so many assassinations. Though I enjoy seeing the suffering and pain in their eyes before they go, once their gone, their gone. My fun ends, and it's just another lifeless body I have to deal with.

The only thing I feel afterwards is stress. Most likely because the dirtier my hands get, the more responsibility I'm taking on. Though it's unlikely, and I have enough money and power to pay my way out of it, the seriousness of my crimes could lead to "serious" jail time or more rival gangs ambushing my men. Either, I would not want to endure.

Sure, it wouldn't be my first time going to jail. But from past experience I know that's not the way I want to go, especially for longer than a couple months. Therefore, I can't feel the full sense of satisfaction after killing someone because of all the tensity that comes with it.

I needed to mask my true irritation with the world tonight. I could possibly form an alliance with the biggest gang leader a couple cities over, along with seal some important deals. I crossed my fingers Cassandra wouldn't do anything to fuck it up. If she did, the punishment wouldn't be nearly as nice as the ones she's received so far. I wasn't too concerned though, as of lately she's been as well behaved as I could've hoped for. I doubt she'd try anything stupid.

However, if it's not her behaviour that I'm worried about, it sure will be the other men attending, most of them are horny playboys. Though I'm trying to present myself as composed and a good business man to make a deal with, all that composure could go down the drain if one of them even try's to lay a finger on Cassandra.

I changed out of my black and maroon tailored suit and took a quick shower before changing back into one of my many tailored suits, this time choosing a classic black and white suit, no matter the event I was always practical. I gelled and combed my hair lightly before spraying on some cologne and picking out a watch to wear. Finally ready, I headed down the hall to Cassandra's room to make sure she was ready then head downstairs and get this thing over with.