Chapter:12

(Cassandra's POV) ^^^the song Cass refers too

It was nearly 4 o'clock by the time I woke up. I stretched before heading to the walk-in bathroom. After fumbling around in several different drawers, I found an extra tooth brush, along with several different unopened female products which confused me until I remembered my initial reaction to Ace's charming looks. I'm sure women are always coming in and out of here needing feminine products. If only they knew who he really was.
I did feel kind of gross, so I hopped in the shower, bringing the rose smelling hand soap with me, seeing as he only had male body wash in there.

After almost an hour, I finally got out once my fingers began to prune. I brushed my teeth, moisturized, put on some deodorant and opened one of the unused mascaras, and lip balms applying each. I decided to blow dry my hair to kill time and make it more fluffy. Not like I have anyone to impress, but I also haven't lost all dignity, I didn't like feeling like a complete potato.

I headed back to the room once I had finished cleaning everything up. I realized I only had the grey shorts to wear, no clean panties or shirt. So I guess I'll really have to make do. I slipped into the shorts, pantiless, and went into Aces closet to find a clean shirt. I decided on a plain black one and headed downstairs after straightening up the room.

I'm quite aware the chances of me escaping are very slim. Yet, I couldn't resist trying to open the front door. Didn't budge. I sulked as I walked back to the kitchen. I started to search around for anything that could be helpful. The knife drawer (or at least what I assume was the knife drawer) was locked. So I searched all the cupboards and drawers until I found something...bingo! I found an untouched bottle of voldka. If I'm going to be held captive, I can at least be held captive, drunk.

I continued to explore, while I took sips from the bottle, each one equally burning my throat. I came to a room that was surprisingly
unlocked. I pushed open the doors to find speakers, shiny guitars and numerous amounts of CD's and albums, lined perfectly on a black shelf in the corner of the room. I browsed through the albums before spotting an iPod connected to a large speaker, I ran over, almost tripping over my own feet.

My hopelessness soon returned however, once  discovering Ace had set it up in a specific way. The only thing I was left access to was music.

I searched through the songs before finding one I liked, "where's my love by SYML." Seemed appropriate given the circumstances. I blasted it while staring out the window, gulping down half the repulsive bottle of liquor, that left my stomach churning from the burning taste that lingered in my throat.

I had put the song on repeat, it was still  playing by the time Ace had come home. I was too drunk to walk so I just stayed in the same place, fearful for him to finally find me. I suddenly heard footsteps and began to dread the inevitable

"Cassandra?" He asked

I ignored him, continuing to stare out the window into the pitch black Forrest.

"Have you been drinking?" He asked, his voice dripping with concern as he picked up the bottle from the floor.

"Why do you care?" I slurred as I scooted around to face him. His expression changed from anger and worry to an unreadable emotion...was it pity?

"Come with me. Can you walk?" he asked in an authoritative tone, as he helped me to my feet. I stumbled backwards about to fall when he reached out to catch me. I fell back against into his arms and stared up at this anomalously kind version of Ace utterly confused.

"I'm fine" I mumbled, a couple beats too late.

"Your 5'1 and probably less then 95 pounds. I doubt you can handle that much alcohol and be "fine." He scoffed.

Ace then lifted me bridal style to his room, but instead of laying me on the bed like I presumed he would do, he gently placed me on the bathroom floor beside the sink before grabbing a towel and laying it out like a matt In front of the toilet. He then walked back to his room for a moment before returning with a pillow which he laid on the wall. He helped me towards the toilet, while pulling my hair into a ponytail.

Right in the nick of time I might add because I started violently emptying my stomach into the toilet. All the while, he held my hair away and soothingly rubbed my back, handing me a tissue when I was finally done. I flushed the toilet, feeling absolutely mortified before collapsing down onto the towel. He grabbed the pillow from behind me and gently lifted my head to place it on the pillow. He also placed a blanket over my shivering body, before laying a soft kiss on my forehead.

❁ ❁ ❁

I must've been really drunk because Ace was being unbelievably sweet and helpful to me, something I hadn't yet encountered. In fact I had a theory he was literally the spawn of Satan. My thoughts of of Ace acting caring towards me were only confirmed when I groggily woke up to find a glass of water on the sink counter, along with two Advil's and a note that read:

"Please don't drink like that again. I hope your feeling better.
-Ace"

I stared down at the note, recollecting all the shameful events of last night before pushing myself off the floor and brushing my teeth.