Chapter:13

After brushing my teeth and taking the Advils, I chugged down the glass of water left for me, before standing on my tippy toes to judge my appearance in the mirror. To my dismay, I looked completely disheveled. My mascara was smudged, there were dark circles around my eyes and my hair was now a rats nest. I washed my face, combed out my tangly hair and put it into a messy bun before changing clothes and heading downstairs.

A part of me felt embarrassed for my actions. Obviously, I wasn't eager to confront Alec after whatever went down last night. I didn't know exactly what was said and I doubt anyone would be ecstatic about possibly walking into a lions den. Nonetheless, I couldn't avoid him forever, at some point I would have to face him. After everything he has put me through, I suspect he'll be a little forgiving, considering the circumstances.

Feeling a slight boost of confidence, I finally walked into the kitchen as casually as possible, albeit my head hanging low, trying to avoid the sunlight flooding in through the kitchen window.

Subsequently, I climbed onto the island stool, placed furthest away from the window. Eventually, I lifted my head up to find Alec's toned back muscles displayed, as he cooked what appeared to be eggs on the oven placed opposite of the island. He didn't seem to notice me so I spoke up;

"Good morning" I basically whispered, staring down at my fiddling fingers. And there goes all that "confidence" I had. Some how he had heard me and turned to face me.

"Good morning my new-found alcoholic" he replied grinning. I rolled my eyes and got up to leave. This is too humiliating.

Before I could leave I came into contact with his muscular bare chest. He had moved faster to catch up with me.

"Hey don't be like that angel, I'm only kidding."

"Mhm, whatever." I mumbled before trying to sneak around him.

He moved with me however, then bit his lip as he stared down at me, obviously suppressing a smile.

"I think we both know who has the higher hand here Cassandra. Your hangover is probably punishment enough, but still doesn't change the fact what I say goes, and I have the power to punish you further..."

I swallowed before slowly backing up. Didn't seem to help though. The more steps I took backwards the more he took forward before cornering me against the wall.

"Or do you want me to punish you?"

I could feel my heart thumping against my chest. I tried to avoid eye contact but his stare was so harsh, it beamed through me and I literally couldn't.

"Is that a yes? Are you a masochist Cassandra?" He asked, now sounding more amused than ever. I huffed.

"Of course not" I tried to reply evenly, unfortunately though my voice betrayed me and I sounded very weak.

He smiled, looking me up and down. Our bodies were so close I could smell his cologne.
Thankfully I was saved when Jessie walked in

"Am I interrupting?" He asked awkwardly. Alec's eyes never left me as I responded, assuming he wouldn't.

"No, you aren't."

I raised an eyebrow at Alec signalling for him to move, and after starring me up and down one last time he finally got out of the way. My legs felt numb as I tried my best to walk back to the island. I climbed back up onto my seat, blushing, as I probably looked like a toddler.

I watched as the two men stood in the kitchen; Jessie drinking some type of energy drink, and Alec putting an even amount of scrambled eggs onto three plates.