Black Star

We can't erase what was meant to be
Part of you and part of me
If we try one more time
Maybe somehow we'll survive

Lily was aware of eyes on her as she made her way to work, aware the eyes that had been sent to follow her on Tommy'a orders. Before he left her last night they had argued about the amount of protection he was placing around her, Lily thought it was a lot but Tommy wouldn't hear it.

Instead he had kissed her good night and left her. Lily knew that he was trying to open himself up to her but she needed more from him and she hated it. Hated that she depended on him to emotionally satisfy her.

Tommy emotionally had been void but since her arrival he was willing to be close to her and that should be enough for Lily. If she was being honest with herself just being stood next to him was enough.

"Morning" John grinned as he stepped out of Polly's house and opened up the betting den for her. Michael was giddy today and Lily resented him slightly for being so carefree.

Lily smiled at her friend "Morning Michael, someone's very chipper this morning" she teased as she walked over towards her desk. There where more files from Polly.

Michael grinned like a Cheshire Cat as he took her coat and hung it up for her.

"Went on a date last night" he beamed.

Lily looked up in surprise "With Sarah?" She asked, crossing her fingers under the table.

"Yep! She wants to see me tonight too"

Lily rolled her eyes at Michael, he was such a giddy boy as he grinned boyishly her way.

"You don't mess about do you!? Just don't rush into it okay because she's my neighbour and I don't need you making it awkward"

Michael winked at her "I'm the perfect gentleman Lily so there will be no awkwardness from me"

"So where are you going to take her?" She asked.

Michael gulped, he hadn't thought that far ahead "Oh shit....Lily I haven't even thought about it"

Lily laughed and leaned forward onto her desk "Go to the pictures and then take her for a drink after, get to know her abit more before you fall in love okay?"

"Bloody hell you're not going to let this go are you?"and he sauntered off to his little office.

"Definitely not!" She called back.

"Well, thanks for the idea. We'll see if she appreciates it" he called back before closing his door.

Lily smiled to herself as she began pulling her files together from yesterday. It was nice to see Michael so happy and less involved with pursuing her but she was also slightly jealous of his happiness. All Lily felt was unsure

Tommy had made his physical intentions clear to her but everything else was up in the air. There would be moments when she could see he wanted to open up to her but he would stop himself.

—-
Tommy had rushed into the betting den later that afternoon with his head down, ignoring the greetings of his men as he rushed to Lily's desk. Grabbing her hand he pulled her up and dragged her into his office.