Covertly

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick message to say a huge thank you to all you sweet people who have messaged and left me lovely comments. I am beyond overwhelmed- thank you!

The below chapter is mature so be warned!

—-

Lily had fretted that night about Michael, she worried that he wasn't coping very well and her abandonment had made it worse. The only saving grace was that she would be seeing him in the morning.

Once she slipped into unconsciousness she had vivid dreams of the night that Tommy had lost his faith in her. The dream played over and over again but Polly never came to her rescue and she would wake up in a hot sweat. It had made her feel uneasy when she finally stepped out of bed but she refused to think about it anymore.

Once she was ready and perfectly put together she met Albert outside who was helping the Lee family tend to their horses. Albert always had a soft spot for horses and she smiled as she waved down at them.

Albert soon dusted himself off and joined her at the top of the drive.

"Ready to go Miss Adler? he asked as he opened the car door for her.

Lily smiled "Yes thank you Albert"

---

Lily was practically bouncing with nervous energy. It had been three weeks since she had seen Michael and the break had been tough on them both. All Lily hoped for was that Michael would be in better spirits.

As soon as Albert pulled up to The Heathman Lily jumped out before he could get to her door. Albert shook his head but couldn't hide his little smirk.

"I'll come pick you up in a few hours Miss Adler"

"Thank you Albert" and Lily graciously took the stairs and smiled at the new door man who let her in. The hotel was it's usual hustle and bustle of guests who where coming and going. The smell of tea and fresh bread hit her senses and she quickly remembered why she had loved this place.

Just as she hit the foyer a young man dressed in all black, a waiter she had presumed stopped in front of her and smiled warmly.

"Miss Adler, your guest is waiting for you in our private room. Please follow me" and before Lily could ask why they where going to a conference room the waiter started to walk.

Lily was grateful for Michael's forward thinking with getting a private room. They wouldn't be disturbed and nobody would know that Lily was back in Birmingham. Lily only wished she had thought of it first.

As they walked down a long plush hall the waiter suddenly stopped infront of an open door and motioned with an open palm that this was the room.

"Can I get you a drink Miss Adler?"

"A tea would be lovely thank you" she smiled.

Nodding he turned on his heel and carried on down the long corridor. Lily, stepped inside of the room that carried four large windows, the light forcing its way into the old building. As she turned left there sat at the only table was Tommy Shelby, smug and calculating as ever.

---

There was a long silence as she stared at him, her brain clicking all the pieces together. Michael had set her up under Tommy's orders. Lily's best friend had done this to her. Tommy was idly twiddling a cigarette between his fingers as he surveyed her shock with amusement. Suddenly, feeling the heat flush to her face she turned to leave only to come head first with the waiter bringing her tea.

"Oh sorry!" she apologized as he quickly dodged her.

"Not to worry, this way Miss Adler"

Lily was torn, not one to cause a scene she blindly followed the waiter while glaring seven bells of hell into Tommy. Taking off her coat she passed it to the waiter and took her seat, not caring for this new situation at all.