Dream Lover

Tommy watched as she slept with her head on his knees, her luscious hair falling in waves down her back. Refusing to leave his side she has stubbornly argued with him until he gave up.

Deep down he was glad she was with him, afraid that as soon as she left he would have to worry about her safety. In this room they where in their bubble.

Unable to sleep he stroked her hair away from her eyes only to wake her up, she blinked quickly before bringing her head up and sleepily smiling his way.

"Can't sleep?" She whispered.

"I'm restless. You need to persuade them to let me out tomorrow. I have things to take care of" and he was pretty certain she was going to argue with him.

"The Great Tommy Shelby afraid to tell the doctors he wants out?" She teased as she pushed her hair over her shoulders.

Tommy scoffed "I think they're more scared of you than they are of me" he mumbled as he leaned over to grab his drink.

Lily shrugged, she knew she had been harsh towards the doctors but it was only because she wanted the best care and their lax attitude had irritated her.

"Well in that case I'll make sure you're out tomorrow" she smiled as she leaned up and kissed his cheek.

—-

It had taken them an hour to get Tommy to a position where he could walk but once he was back in his suit he became unstoppable. The pain pushed away as he slipped his cap on.

Lily was completely in awe as she watched him, admiring the way he looked once again. This was her Tommy, the one that held her hand and took care of her.

Tommy held his hand out for her and she tearfully took it, elated that he was finally upright and looking much better.

"Don't cry" he whispered as they slipped through the hospital door "It's okay"

Lily sniffed and turned her head so he couldn't see her. Taking a deep breath she pushed her feelings away and decided to focus on the positive. They had made it out alive.

Once they hit the outside Lily saw that Arthur was waiting outside for them.

"Lets fucking ave it" he yelled as he clapped his hands together, grateful for his brothers return so he could take a step back from being in charge.

In the back of the car Lily turned to look out the window as Tommy stroked his thumb down her hand. As she watched the hospital fade into the background she made the quick decision not to go ahead with her plans to open one.

If she could help it she would never return to one again.

—-

Tommy had left Lily with Polly and Ada as he began his first day back, taking control of everything and catching up with the latest regarding the Italians.

Arthur and John had found the man that had shot him on the same day took care of him but kept his boss Vincente Changretta prisoner in Charlie's Yard.

As Tommy stormed through the steam, fire and smoke he entered a dark outback buildings where his brothers were waiting.

As Tommy's eyes landed on his enemy he felt an instant calm wash over him. For days he had been planning this mans death, relishing in the anger that he felt burning into his soul.

It had been the greatest disrespect of his life and there had been no tolerance left in him.

Nodding at Arthur Tommy pulled a chair up Vicente Changretta, who was sat naked, binded and mumbling incoherent prayers to himself.