Write

short story | their bestfriend

THEM DISCOVERING THAT YOU'RE WRITING A NOVEL ONLINE
— — — — — — — — — —

[ e d i t e d ]

Your POV

God, I seriously don't know what to write for my next chapter. I've been busying myself in writing stories online. The pandemic was getting worse, and I knew I had to do something to wake the people regarding it. I vowed to never offend anyone, even the government about this story I'm writing.

Believe it or not, I've been writing short stories ever since I was in elementary. Since I'm already at senior high, I decided to write a novel online. Not short stories, just to bring up my game. The boys don't know about this and I will never tell them about it because I knew that they would start posting it on social media.

I don't like promoting my novel through social media. I just want people will suddenly came across this story and think that it was meant to be for them to stumble upon it, and maybe learn something from it. I like it the hard way. I prefer climbing up to the top on my own. Though, I'm not saying that I don't need the guy's help, I just want to be independent.

It felt like hours while I was sitting on my swivel chair behind my study table in my room. Not even a single letter was in the screen where I would type in for today's chapter. My brain just won't cooperate and it feels like it's dead today!

My eye lids started to get heavy so I decided to lay my head on the desk and closed my eyes and dove off to a sleep.

"What is she writing?"

"I don't have my glasses on."

"I think it's about the current situation.."

"What current situation?"

"About the pandemic."

"She's writing about it, but the genre is fiction."

I can here a few more whispers coming from the voices of people that seem familiar to me. At first, I didn't complain about how noisy they were because I thought it was just a dream. But turns out, it wasn't.

I jolted up from the swivel chair and turned around just to see the guys reading something on the screen of my laptop. I took a quick glance and discovered that there's a new tab opened and it was on the 5th chapter of my story! My eyes widened and I turn to them again.

"What the hell! You can't just come in my room and touch my things!" I lashed out at them. Even though they're my best friends, I still need privacy!

"We were calling you nonstop for dinner but you wouldn't answer, y/n! Of course, we would come here because we thought you left," Jimin explained.

I crossed my arms and just rolled my eyes at them. Still, that doesn't change the fact that they touched my laptop! And know they know about the story I'm writing online. Ugh! I just hope that they don't post it on their social media.

"Alright fine." I finally give in. "Just don't post it on social media." With that said, all of their eyes widened which made me a bit worried.

Don't tell me they posted it already!

"What's with the expression?" I asked, doing my best to stay calm and not explode.

Suddenly, Taehyung's box smile was present on his lips. My blood started to boil up and he slowly lifted his left hand and showed what's on the screen of his phone. Their twitter account was opened and I got so dumbfounded when I saw there latest tweet.

Taehyung already posted a picture of my story! It was a picture of the screen of my laptop and it had chapter 5 on it!

"You guys!!!"

I started screaming like I was a kid and they started running out of my room. I ran out of the room to catch them and teach them a lesson! But these guys are just so fast at running and hiding!

"You guys are dead meat!" I screamed on top of my lungs.

-------------------*

Yeah, sorry I broke a promise.

Love,
LunarrrMoonn 💫❤️