Episode 7

ME: ***furious and angry***** bimpe, why did you do this to me?

BIMPE: onihaxy, I have no choice, I have to protect the only two people that I cherish so much, Daniella and you.

ME: ** smashed the cup on the floor*** and did I ask for your protection?, since when did you start patronising herbalist?

BIMPE: **** scared and pulled backwards*** I'm sorry onihaxy, I'm just bothered that you might tell your friend, and from there, it will start spreading like wind. but the deed is already done, and its irreversible. Let's Just stick to the covenant please .

I looked at her with so much disgust, bitterness and hatred, with the broken pieces of the glass cup in my hand, I felt like piercing her face and giving her a heavy punch of life, I felt like designing her face with the broken glass, But I thought of it that what will be my explanation if she got wounded?.
I thought of it that the hotel management might arrest me if I wound her. I thought of it that betty and henry will eventually find out that I was in hotel with bimpe. How will I explain what I was doing with a married woman in the hotel room to the extent of injuring her. I thought of it that I can't even explain what prompt my anger because my mouth had been sealed with kolanut oath.
I thought of what I will explain to betty on why I was caught inside hotel room with her sister inlaw who used to hate me. I thought of the sick daniella lieing on the hospital bed.
I just looked at her again with disgust, picked up my credentials, smashed the remaining piece of glass in my hand to the floor and dropped the cloth she bought for me on the floor. I walked towards the door, held the door handle and turned back at her.

"BImpe!!!!!"
" Don't ever in your life dial my number again".
" Don't ever in your life cross my path again"
"Infact I don't want to see you again in my life".
" I hate you with passion"
" I hate you for life".
I uttered words in annoyance as I banged the door so hard and I walked towards the reception, I was about stepping out when I heard a voice from behind saying "excuse me sir"

Excuse me sir"
ME: ***turned back with a frown*** Hello.

RECEPTIONIST: we are sorry to bother you sir. Please spare us few minutes.

ME: ***walked closer*** what for?

RECEPTIONIST: ***picked a landline and dialling a number*** for security purpose, we are instructed to always call our customers' room whenever a guest leaves the room.

ME: no problem

RECEPTIONIST: ***on call for few seconds***

ME: ***looked at the entrance and saw two hefty security guards**** "thank God I didn't try anything funny, I for hear am today ooooooooooo". So can I go now?

RECEPTIONiST: yes sir, you are free sir, we are so sorry for any embarrassment sir.

ME: its ok, but what was that meant for?

RECEPTIONST: a customer was murdered by her guest last week, that's the reason for the new security policy.

ME: **smiled**, its ok, you are welcome.

I left the hotel building and thanking God that I was able to control my anger and rage. I took a bus returning to oshodi and on my way, different thoughts began to flood my mind.
"Could this oath be real?".
"What if its real?"
"Do I even need to tell anyone?"
"What if it was a poison and not a oath?"
"How to I explain to segun if he asked me about the property?",

I got to oshodi and took another bus to mushin, I got home, started packing my things and planning to return to Ado that same day, I put a call to my betty.

ME: hello dear

BETTY: hi love, I was about calling you

ME: really?

BETTY: yeah, daniella will be discharged tomorrow morning, so we are expecting you on saturday

ME: eyah, and I was about telling you that I will be leaving for Ado today.

BETTY: huuuuh onihaxy, but why na?

ME: nothing dear, just wanted to settle some stuffs.

BEtTY: onihaxy, but today is thursday na. Please love, please wait, my brother really wants to see you concerning our relationship.

ME: as how?

BETTY: as in, I told him lots about you, so we want to make it an official introduction.

ME: will bimpe be there?

BETTY: offcourse now, where else would she be?

ME: ***hissed*** ok dear.

BETTY: onihaxy wait a minute, did you just hissed now because of aunty bimpe?

ME: never mind jaree.

BETTY: hmmmmm, I thought you guys had finally buried your hatchets. This your on and off fight, I no dey understand ooooo.

ME: looool. you are so funny dear. Ok, I will be around for your sake.

BETTY: thanks dear. So na aunty bimpe dey chase you comot before?. Its well..

I hanged up and few minutes later, I got a whatsapp message from my friend.

SEGE: ogbeni, how far na?

ME: I dey jaree.

SEGE: did you eventually get your credentials?

ME: yes,

SEGE: hope no set up at the hotel?

ME: not at all,

SEGE: you f--k her again abi?, no lie ooooo.

ME: haba segun, trust me na.

SEGE: you keeee?, trust you?, with you and bimpe alone inside hotel room?,

ME: looooool.

SEGE: you wey f--k person ontop small hospital bed, wetin suppose happen when you see big hotel room bed?

ME: seriously, I no f--k her, I just collected my credentials, that's all.

SEGE: you mean she lodge in an hotel room just because of credentials?. Can't she park at one junction and give you there?.

ME: I no know for her jareee.

SEGE: hmmmmmm. Onihaxy, I dey tell you oooo, sha be careful of bobby trap.

ME: yes boss.

SEGE: how about the other property you talked about, did you retrieved that one too?

ME: no, not yet.

SEGE: no yawa na, hope you are ok sha?

ME: yeah.

SEGE: ok, I dey expect a p---y today, and she don arrive, chat with you later.

ME: hmmmmm, bad boy.
I ended the chat and was just smiling because of the kind of friend I have. He so much understand me more than anyone else.

9pm when I was about going to bed, I got a text from an unknown number. I opened it and it read
" darling. Please I'm so sorry for what happened today, I'm so sorry for upsetting you and I so much appreciate how you controlled your anger and rage. I did that today just because I love you and don't want to loose you. You might not understand it now, but you will understand later. Also, there is something I want us to discuss, probably later. Love you so much honey. And don't forget the rule please. From someone who truly cares.".

I was like me?, Bimpe? ,love?, honey? Don't want to lose me?, what is these?.