Episode 32

On Tuesday morning, Benita arranged her luggage after we were through with breakfast, we talked for some minutes and she was set to leave. We hugged each other and I was surprised when Benita pulled me closer and kissed me, she said it was the token she could give me as a sign of appreciation. I helped her with her luggage and carried them to the car and dropped them inside the boot. I drove her all the way to ojota where she boarded a bus to her destination. I returned home and picked up my phone to chat with my wife Betty:

ME: hi baby.

BETTY: hi dear. How are you?

ME: I'm fine.

BETTY: so how far with the interview?

ME: oooops, I'm sorry I didn't give you subsequent updates. It was fine and it went well.

BETTY: really?, ok gist me,

ME: I have been confirmed as a permanent contract staff of the bank.

BETTY: waooooooh. That is very cool. I'm so happy for you my love.

ME: thanks dear.

BETTY: will the salary be the same as the previous one?

ME: no, it's been increased to 80k.

BETTY: 30k increase?, not bad. Hope you still have much on you to sustain you?, or should I send money to you via western union?

ME: I'm fine dear. The one you gave me before you travelled is yet to be exhausted.

BETTY: hmmmmm. My husband the money manager!!!!!, he can spend ten thousand naira for a whole year.

ME: hahahahaha. Haba!!!!, a whole year?

BETTY: yes now, I'm always amazed by the way you manage money. It's cool though and it gives me hope that my husband isn't the type who squander money anyhow.

ME: hmmmmmmmm. Thanks.

BETTY: Are you at work now?

ME: no, I was given a week break. I will resume on Monday. But before then, I would be going to lekki this week for my new offer letter.

BETTY: at the same place I linked you up with?

ME: yes dear.

BETTY: when are you going there?

ME: between tomorrow and Friday.

BETTY: ok, please, will you do me a favor by stopping over at our house to check on my family please?. Because I heard that you don't always visit them.

ME: haba. But I was there when henry sent for me, I was also there recently when daniella said she wanted to see me.

BETTY: just twice since I left the country?. That isn't good enough my dear. And on both occasions, you were invited by Henry and Daniela, you didn't go there willingly.

ME: I'm sorry dear. I will check on them when I get there.

BETTY: thanks, try to call them before going there anyways, so that they would be aware of your coming.

ME: ok dear.

BETTY: that reminds me, I spoke with your mom yesterday.

ME: really?, she didn't tell me anything oooo.

BETTY: hahahaha, it was an agreement between me and her. I told her not to let you know that we talked. In fact, we do talk together on phone at least twice a week.

ME: waoooooh. See conspiracy ooo, mother and daughter inlaw.

BETTY: funny you. I will be coming home for Christmas and new year break.