Episode 18

I was at home on Thursday evening after work when Benita and I had a gist.

ME: Benita, what time will you be going for the test?

BENITA: The Test will be holding by 10am, but I should leave home very early in the morning. Why are you asking?

ME: I just want to know so that I can drop you off at obanikoro in case we will be going out together in the morning.

BENITA: No problem, but since I will be going to Victoria Island, it still doesn't make any difference. I can get a direct BRT bus from Maryland. Maybe you should drop me at the junction tomorrow morning.

ME: no problem.

BENITA: so how is your girlfriend?, or you want to tell me that you still don't have any one?

ME: hmmmmm. I haven't gotten any one oooo. Since you disagreed to by my girl

BENITA: common Onihaxy, I thought we have discussed this thing over and over again. To be sincere, I like you so much.

ME: hmmmmmmmmmmm

BENITA: yes, you are so loving and caring, but it's just so sad that I'm already engaged to another man. He isn't just a man I can dump anyhow because he had really tried for me and my family in the village.

ME: poor me. It's well sha

BENITA: ***shift closer and pecked me****. don't worry Onihaxy, we are still best of friends. No one else in this world can take your place of friendship away from my heart. I have loved you as a friend and I will forever love you.

ME: hmmmmmmmmmmm.

BENITA: just do me a favour and get yourself a girlfriend. I will be friends with her and I will teach her how to love and care for you. Seriously, you have everything it takes to be a good husband. I'm sure I with be jealous if I see you with another girl, but I have no choice.

ME: OK dear, how about your sister?, are you still hearing from her?

BENITA: you mean the one in Lagos?

ME: yes.

BENITA: ****Laughed**** that reminds me, let me gist you

ME: what is that?

BENITA: that her fiancé I told you about will be getting married soon to another lady.

ME: how did you know?.

BENITA: he had planned a wedding with another girl before he came to visit my sister in Lagos. He only came to have a good bye s*x.

ME: Benita!!!!!, how did you know all this ?.

BENITA: I saw my sister's heartbroken status on Facebook two weeks ago and she had removed the relationship status with the guy on her Facebook. One of her friends whom we use to relate together was the one who told me more about what happened.

ME: hmmmmmmmmmmm.

BENITA: men are just so wicked. Can you imagine?. It pained me for her sha, she really loved the guy so much.

ME: eeeyah.
Benita and I continued to have series of discussion until we both went to bed and sleep after eating dinner. I woke up the next day and I woke her up too. We both prepared and drove out of the house. I dropped her at Maryland bustop and proceeded to work afterwards. At break time, I had sessions of chat with Betty; she told me that she had already delivered my message to Henry about how I would get to meet her father. I also told her about what Segun said but I didn't let her to know that it was from Segun, she told me that getting pregnant isn't an issue but having enough resources on ground to cater for the baby and the family should be a major issue we need to look into. she told me that I should be expecting a call from Henry anytime and we suspended the chat and another chat popped up from Segun.