The Triplets

AN: warning this chapter contains mental health subjects, and child endangerment if you are triggered by such things please skip ahead.

In a dark room with three cots, a bookshelf, and a window overlooking the stars a small voice whispered into the atmosphere. "Sissy I don't want to be here anymore. I'm hungry and cold and my body hurts real bad this time. We have to leave here! Please can we just leave here? Silence fills the room as the words sink in her mind. She looks at the boy with red hair and freckles filled face. I'm working on it Aiden I just need a little more time ok baby . Sissy, why can't we go now?

A small whimper begins to drown out the conversation. Oh, Eden don't cry love bug. Yeah, don't cry Sissy is going to get us out of here real soon ok you heard her right. The young girl inhales deeply as her heartbreaks. Staring into the boys Both of you come here. As they climbed into her cot leaving there own behind to be wrapped in her warmth, footsteps appear followed by a voice right outside the room.  SHUT Up in there or do you want mommy to play another game with you! The boy's bodies tensed up as their bruised and battered bodies began to shake. Eden's tears increased as Aiden's eyes began to fill. Quickly she placed her hands over their mouths to muffle their cries. The cold grip of fear holding the boys tightly caused them to soil themselves.

Sadness, pain, and an unimaginable level of rage begin to fill her chest. She waited to hear the footsteps leave from in front of the door before releasing them. She looked down at the boys who clung to her as if their life depended on it. I'm going to get us out of here lovebugs. But what if mom catches us again? She is not our mother! Yes, she might have birthed you and adopted me but that doesn't make her our mom Eden. Loving your kids and making sure they are ok and fed and not hurting in their body, mind, and heart. But most of all protecting them no matter what that's what makes a mom and that's what I'm going to find a woman you can call a mom. So rest now. I will stay up and make sure nothing happens to you tonight. Everything is going to be ok.  After kissing their heads and rocking them back and forth. The twins passed out in a deep sleep from fear, crying, and exhaustion wrapped in the love of their sister's arms.

  Though they are not blood-related her bond with the twins couldn't be any stronger. Born  years apart but having the same birthday they became know as the triplets. Since day one she showed them nothing but love and care a concept that was foreign to them. She embraced the role of an older sibling with every fiber of her being when the three became family something she yearned for after being passed around the foster care system. While she looked out the tiny window that night at the sky filled with stars and snowflakes she promised herself and the two boys that clung on to her as they all sat on a urine-soaked cot. I will protect you no matter what it cost me this is the last time she touches them and I put my life on it. She begins to hum into the night a song she made special just for them....

I feel my self being shaken as a voice pierces my subconscious  Pk... Pk... honey wake up... baby wake up! Phoenix!!!! I attempt to inhale deeply. My chest in on fire as the breath I tried to take feels like I'm breathing through a coffee straw. My eyes shoot open and i grab my chest in the process. I sit up with tears falling down my face. Yoongi scrabbles to the bedside table rummaging through the drawers. Shit where is it?! Baby just hold on. He Tosses the drawers upside down then grabs what he's been searching for. Popping the cab off shaking it and placing it to my mouth. Baby here take your medicine. Shoving it to my lips he presses twice to release the medicine from the inhaler.