It's happening!

For the next two years I am moving in Seoul with my best friend Ji Ah Moon and her cousin Wen Po Moon. Ji and I have been friends since we were very young. We know everything about each other, the good , the bad and very , very ugly. My soul mate Ji is 100% South Korean.

I will be tutoring English to Korean college students and participating in a study aboard program at Korea University. We will be living together in an apartment close to school. Wen has found us an apartment , so all we have to do is move in. Ji and I are arriving 0ne month before school starts to get settled. I will start tutoring once school starts.

Growing up with Ji I have been exposed to Korean food and culture somewhat but this is so beyond! Our dream since we were seven was to move to Korea.  We studied hard with lessons from her parents and also taking Korean language and culture classes since high school. We even talked only in Korean to each other for 2 years. Ji amd I wanted to finish our senior college year in Korea.

My name Mae Lee . I am 22 with fair skin of Irish and French decent. I am 5'6 with blue eyes and chestnut brown hair that stops mid back. I am blessed with being a curvy size 8. Bigger then my best friend , Ji, who is 5'2 and a size 3. I am very confident in my body but I know most Korean girls and shorter and thinner than me. I have no problems with meeting new people, not a shy bone in my body. I have studied very hard to be fluent in Korean. I am so ready to start my new life here.

Ji and I saved up for years to make our Korea dreams real. Our parents have been supportive of our across the world adventure but it did take a lot of  persuasion to take us seriously. We both applied for the college aboard program from University of central Florida.  Lucky we both got in for our senior year. So after 16 hours 50 minutes between two flights and a 3 hour layover... we have finally landed in Seoul, South Korea! 

Wen, Ji's cousin is picking us up out in front of the airport. Then we are heading straight to our new home. Ji and I arrive in Korea and grab our bags. We walk out to the car pick up area.

A new white Hyundai Kona pulls up by us. The window rolls down and Ji realizes it's Wen. The trunk pops up, we throw our luggage in and hop in the car. Ji sits up front and I am in the Back.

" So glad you are finally here! I almost can't believe it!! It feels like this has been such a long year of planning to Ji and you to Korea." Wen

" Well,  we are so excited but so  tired. Wen, my beautiful cousin, I am happy to see you in person . The Moon family makes some gorgeous Korean women" Ji

"  Yes we do! Your very sweet. Everything we talked about is in place.  Wait till you see out place!
We can eat some lunch at home and get a nap before we head out tonight for some fun Korean style!" Wen

I am half listening because my face is pressed against the glass like a little kid. My eyes are amazed at the city sites. We have an hour drive to our apartment. Wen puts on some music and I sit back in my seat and slouch. I didn't sleep much on the flight , I was way to excited...

I wake up to the doors opening and realize I slept the whole way here. I am so mad at myself! I wanted to keep site seeing but I was so tired. I step out of the car and look up oat our building. It is bigger and more modern than I thought it would be.

"Welcome to Hannah the Hill Building! " says Wen

What is happening? This is not the place I sawPictures of

Pictures of...?! This is a big beautiful building .
I am so confused.  This doesn't look right. I thought we were moving to student apartments near school. This place is beautiful.