Welcome home

I looking up and down the building with my face scrunched.

"Mae, what is it?" Ji says noticing my face.

" I guess I was expecting a less fancy place but I am not disappointed." I say back.

" Money is no object with the Moon family." Wen

" Surprise Mae! My family wanted us somewhere safe knowing the security in this building is elite." Ji

" Lets go up, so you can see your home for the next two years." Wen

"It is 3 bedroom 2 bath with a full kitchen. Also a pool and gym." Ji

" Sounds like our old dorms"  Me

" Well this is a lot nicer." Ji

"Oh I can see that" Me

Wen scans a card to open the lobby door. We walk into the building to a modern, chic lobby. Every thing is a contrast of white and dark brown wood accents. Wen walks up to the front desk.

" These are my new roommates Moon Ji Ah and  Lee Mae. They need theirs keys please"
Wen

" We have them ready for you Miss Moon and Miss Lee. Welcome to Hannah the Hill. We have 24 four hour security and maintenance, should there be a problem."

" Thank you" we say at the same time and bow.

" The elevators are here, let's head up".
Wen points to the right of the front desk.  Ji and I walk together pulling our luggage.

" Very classy ladies. I am impressed."Me

"The impressive part is just beginning. A lot of famous people live here." Ji

"I wouldn't know the difference " I shrug.

We walk toward the elevator. We step in and Wen pushes the button 11.

"How far is the subway from here?" Me

" Five minute walk and maybe a 15 minute ride to the university." Wen

" Not bad at all" Ji says holding her fingers in an O.K. Sign.

I give her ok right back. Truthfully I overwhelmed. After an almost 18 flight , I am so tired. Inside I am freaking out about living somewhere so luxurious, excited but freaking.

"So this building is tall... " Me

" Yep and we are on eleven , almost the top. The view is beautiful specially at night. We have an amazing balcony to drink coffee on in the morning and beers at night." Wen

Ji eyes light up. She likes to drink. I like a couple of drinks but I like to be in control of myself. Ji has danced on a couple of bars in the past, super embarrassing.

The doors open to our floor and we step our ready to follow Wen. She starts walking left and we follow her rolling our suitcases behind.

" We have the last apartment on the left, so we only have one neighbor above us and one beside us. This place is pretty soundproof. I have been here a week and not really heard much. I have to show you how the key works."

As she stops at the last door 1101. " The keycard can be used like a hotel key. The light turns green, then you put in the code 1313 in the keypad, it clicks and opens the door." As she is explaining the steps the door opens." Easy " she turns and winks at us. " Welcome home ladies"

We all walk in and kick off our shoes and slide on our slippers. The place is amazing with white travertine floors, white walls and dark wood accents. We have a great room with a modern fireplace, full kitchen looking straight out the a balcony that wraps around the whole outside.

"Holy crap! ... Sorry I mean wow! Can we really afford this? This a million dollars easy!" Me

" My dad 's company invested earlier on with the builder. We are the second person to live here from the company. The other person was between places as they relocated from the USA but lived here only for a few months. I told my dad we will still pay rent but he owns it, we have to be respectful and not dishonor him or his company." Wen

"Well I can live with that" Ji says "I feel so happy we moved here."

" Here are the rooms"  Wen " You two share a bathroom but it is big like a master bathroom. I got us the full size beds we talked about from ikea. Maintenance actually put them together correctly. The rest of the place is pretty furnished but we can add stuff we like as time goes on."

"We really need to thank your Dad. Wen, this is way beyond anything either of us expected"Ji

I nod in agreement.

" Well he is pretty great.Let's eat you girls have got to be hungry. I have rice, seaweed soup and my Grandmom's kimchi. I will heat up the soup , give me ten minutes"Wen

I head to my room and plop on it face down.. exhausted. I have such a good feeling that this is going to be the best two years of my life.