seventeen

Kaliah Iman
November 24, 2020
Queens, New York
-
7:46pm

We finally landed in New York... It's cold as fuck too so I'm glad I brought warm clothing. "You nervous" dave grabbed my hand as we got into our Uber. I nodded "yeah a little... but my dad told me your moms really cool said they met before" I said with a small smile

He laughed "oh yeah when I told my mom I was moving to Cali cause I had gotten a job offer by a business man i met at my job she beat my ass telling me shit like that don't happen and how I was a dumbass before telling me she had to meet him to make sure it wasn't a scam and they weren't going to kill or traffick her baby" he said laughing louder

"I called up your dad he got here the next day and hooked us up at some fancy ass restaurant shut the whole thing down it was just me, moms, bully and my pops and your pops probably one of the best memories I have left of New York" he said. I stayed silent as he stared out of the window continuing his story.

"You know... your dad became a second dad to me he really guided me like my dad raised me and your dad showed me the ropes and how to keep not only myself but the ones i love safe how to just go on in life how to deal with business stuff and my personal life as well"

"He's someone I look up to—my mom met him and even though she knew what he did and what I was going to do it's like his vibe and overall realness really helped her support me and bully on our move and our decision for what we do career wise" he said with a smile

"I really wouldn't be here if it weren't for your pops...we were poor as fuck and I was working at a bodega making less than minimum wage your dad walked in witnessed a little incident said he saw something in me and changed my life... and look at me now not only can I say he probably saved me"

"now I can say he also created the person I love the most with out your pops you wouldn't be here so I guess I have even more to thank him for and of course God for bringing your family into my life both you and your pops were meant to be in my path" he smiled looking at me. I could feel my eyes watery not in sadness but in joy and a sense of fulfillment. Like this is the type of man I needed. This is who God wanted for me I just know it.

"I swear you're my soulmate" I mumbled leaning into him wiping the couple of tears that rolled down my face "I'm so glad my dad helped you and I'm so glad you are where you are and not only did you go up but you brought your family up with you"

"I know you'd never let anyone hurt them or me I love you bubba" I kissed him

"Love you more" he mumbled as our Uber came to a stop "we're here"

-
New York City, New York
8:58pm

"Wow" I said in awe of Dave's New York apartment. We had just walked in and even the lobby of the penthouse building was beautiful. We decided to stay here instead of his moms house since we would be staying for a week.

Tomorrow morning we were going to go for some breakfast with his parents and probably help her go grocery shopping for thanksgiving. "Babe we need to come to New York more often" I mumbled looking around more seeing how nicely decorated his house was "you decorated this" I asked "somewhat you know I have a interior designer to help me out here and there"