forty-six

Kaliah Iman
August 2, 2022
Los Ángeles, Ca
-
3:27am

I can't sleep.

All I feel is a huge weight on my chest.

I want to scream out to the world what happens to me. Even though I know realistically it's not possible and I don't think I'd be physically or emotionally able to but... I don't know.

The scene just keeps replaying in my mind on a loop. I feel disgusting I've taken shower after shower but the dirtiness doesn't seem to go away.

Feeling movement in the bed I turned my head to the left seeing Dave already looking at me.

"Iman" he said

"Huh" I whispered back turning my head forward once again because I knew if I looked at him I'd probably burst out into cries.

"What's wrong mamas" he whispered. Getting closer to me laying on his side while wrapping one of his hands on my waist and running the other through my hair.

"what makes you think something is wrong" I asked lowly.

"Well it's 3am and you're awake but I couldn't hear you breath... your breaths are louder when you're asleep"

"I just can't go to sleep" I mumbled feeing my eyes get watery.

He sighed pulling me into him kissing the side of my head "then I guess I can't sleep either."

"You don't have to... I'll probably fall asleep soon." I said knowing damn well I wouldn't be able to sleep all night.

"Then I'll fall asleep as soon as you do but talk to me what's wrong cause outta every mother fucker I know you sleep the most so this ain't normal"

"Nothings wrong I just can't sleep" I mumbled turning in his arms wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"I love you."

"I love you more bubs and I wanna apologize for our past argument from the bottom of my heart I mean it. I should've been communicating better you deserved that. You do so much for me and our son already so I'm sorry and I'm going to work on my communication you didn't deserve for me to throw any of that in your face cause I know you're a good mom and that's your priority right know and I'm great full for that cause there's not to many moms like that nowadays God knows you're a good mom I appreciate everything you do for me and lil man." he kissed my cheek moving his mouth to my lips.

"Thank you" I said.

Gathering my thoughts I sat up in the bed.

"I'm sorry too, I know that sometimes you need space and you've been stressed my communication isn't any better I know it's a work in progress and as long as you're willing to work on it so am I."

"Sound good to me" he whispered kissing my lips slowly.

He pushed me down on the bed not disconnecting the kiss. He dragged his tongue down my neck but once he tried pulling my shorts down...