fourty-nine

Kaliah Iman
March 27, 2023
Los Ángeles, Ca

5:56pm

My birthday was 3 days ago and Dave made sure to make it really special, just pure family. We had dinner and he rented out a go kart track for us which was really fun.

I turned 24 which was bitter sweet. Overall exiting but scary the closer the number approached 30. I didn't want to do anything big because I've been really busy and stressed planning Easton's 1st birthday which is in a few days. His birthday lands on a Sunday so we decided to do it Saturday. Which just makes it all come even sooner than it should be.

My baby is turning one were did the time go he was a tiny little ball he started walking the day before my birthday which was the cutest yet saddest thing. I just don't want him to get any bigger. Making my way downstairs to see my mom holding Easton while Dave sat next to her entertaining him.

"Hey mom" I said going to give her a hug.

"How are you feeling" she asked.

"Good excited just nervous I want everything to go ok for Easton he's turning one it's crazy" I said picking him up from her arms.

"Mamaaaa"

"Mama you love mama I know" I said into his cheek. He started saying mama right after our Santa Barbara trip.

"It's all going to be fine now you just need find what you're going to wear" she said laying back on the couch

"I'm just wearing a jersey and some white jeans nothing crazy" I said sitting Easton on my lap. We were throwing a laker themed birthday it's going to be 'Easton's rookie year'

-
Kaliah Iman
April 1, 2023
Los Ángeles, CA

12:26pm

The day finally came to celebrate my babies 1st birthday. Me and Dave are matching while Easton wears a purple laker jersey onesie. It was 12:00pm and the party didn't start till 2pm so I had put Easton down for a nap so he could wake up in a happy mood.

"You look good" Dave whispered in my ear as he pulled me into his front.

"So do you, I've always loved how you looked in a Jersey" I mumble turning around to peck his lips.

"I now I look good—look" he turned around facing the mirror flexing his arms. Daves been hitting the gym a lot and he's been making so much progress.

He's getting big like those Instagram fitness guys. He looks good.

"Yeah ok look at mine" I said moving in front of him to show off my little muscle.

He laughed "yeah you need to hit the gym with me so you can get big and buff like daddy"

"Yeah no thanks" i chuckled smacking his arm down.
-
3:00pm

The party had been going on for about a an hour. People were slowly starting to arrive. Everything turned out so cute. I think I have an obsession with throwing parties now.