fourty-eight

Kaliah Iman
March 3, 2023
Los Ángeles, Ca

7:30am

"Good morning my love" I grabbed Easton and he instantly laid his head on my shoulder trying to go back to sleep.

"No way you're still tired Easton" I laughed tickling him which he reacted to with a little squeal.

"Let's go wake up your lazy daddy" I pulled him up higher on my chest.

"Daaaaaaadddaaaadadada" Easton babbles as soon as we walked in to the master bedroom.

"No, say mamamamama" I said pulling him away from my body to look at his face as I pouted at him.

"Daaaadaaaada" he yelled throwing a heavy slap to my nose.

"No hitting East" Dave yelled in a deep groggy voice.

"Yeah go with your damn dad if you gon' be smacking me like you ain't got no damn sense don't ask me for milk either" I sit him on his dads chest.

Dave just held on to him with his eyes closed still as Easton bounced up and down on his chest excitedly smacking his hands down on Dave's chest.

Walking away from the both of them I made my way down to the kitchen to make a simple pancake breakfast for us.
-

I was plating our food when I heard Dave walking down with Easton. Who instantly reached for me once he saw me.

"Oh now you want me huh" I shook my head taking him from Dave's arms.

"You know he loves you" Dave said leaning down to kiss my lips which was something Easton loved. He pulled away but East would grab his ear and pull him toward me again. He always giggled and squealed loudly when we kissed making us both laugh and do it to make him happy.

"good morning" he mumbled against my lips.

"Morning" I smiled as we finally pulled away with no intervention from Easton.

"Are you going to the studio today" I asked putting his plate in front of him and sitting Easton in his high chair with some cut up pancake pieces in front of him.

"No" he smiled "I planned a little something for us this weekend and we leave today"

"You did" I squeals leaning back with a smile.

"Yeah so ima need you and East ready by 12" he smiled shaking his head at my giddy excitement.

After our Valentine's dinner when we got  home and I talked with Dave about how I was feeling, he was so understanding and has definitely been making changes. Of course I don't except him to completely stop recording his album but I just wanted to feel like me and East were his priority again and he definitely has been making it known.

"what should I wear" I asked with a smile.

"We're driving there so we'll probably get there like at 2 it's about 2 hours away so I want to go to lunch and a little something else" he said

"It's hot and they'll be a lot if walking involved" he said taking another bite of his food.

"Disney?" I asked