Prologue

"It's my duty as a genius inventor! S- so I can't afford to die here-" Miu said.

Yes, Miu can't afford to die here. She didn't want to be here anymore.

So many murders, execution and then... as if that wasn't hell enough, the outside world has some 'mankind deserves damnation' bullshit?!

She totally needed to get out of here. Miu refused to believe the outside world was in that much of a wreck. And even if it was, it was because Miu wasn't there making the best invention that will help mankind.

Yeah that was it.

Or maybe it was because she wanted to be alive... so many people have died and been executed. Whose to say she won't be next? Hell no way was she going to be some victim. She wasn't going to get killed right in this hellhole.

Everything was under control. She knew this VR world like the back of her hand. Kokichi was alone and defenceless right now.

And when the trial comes, she could bullshit her way out without that damn gremlin roasting her and making her lose her composure.

Sure there was the detective, but Kokichi was much more of a threat. The one that could make her lips looser and also someone who she actually had a bond with, as she spent some time with the brat with some inventions.

... It was easier to lure him than the detective because Kokichi was actually closer to her than Shuichi was although the detective did spend a bit of time with her.

... This was a betrayal, but they were in a killing game. It was betray or be betrayed. And it's like... Kokichi expected it. He was just standing there, looking at Miu's eyes, searching her soul.

... No, she can't give in. Just...

"I'm sorry!"

She swung the hammer down to Kokichi's head but was stopped just short when she was suddenly pulled back by something, the hammer dropped and she was fingering whatever was at her neck... choking her?!

... Toilet paper? And as Miu's eyes tried to spot the agressor, she was surprised to see it was... Gonta?! That big lug who always wanted to protect everyone... was killing her?!?!

"S- sorry! Gonta so sorry!" And Miu could see as spots began to dance in her eyes that he was sorry. And then she looked at Kokichi who grinned maliciously as he made it to the door.

'Motherfucker. He realised, not at the moment. He fucking knew... knew from the beginning,' Miu thought derisively. No wonder he didn't put up any defense although it would have been futile...

And maybe... Kokichi found out she would have safety measures put against Kokichi so he can't resist her, so... he got Gonta to help her. Considering his naivete and gullibility, it shouldn't be hard.

'But if that shitty gremlin think I will be killed that easily, he has another fucking thing coming,' Miu thought as she suddenly got a phone, the same phone that she used to log out Kaito, and even with ragged breaths and the darkening spots in her eyes, she opened the phone and managed to choke out...

"Goku... hara... Gon...ta..." Miu choked, and suddenly, a bright circle appeared beneath Gonta, teleporting him outta here, and the toilet paper fell to the floor, giving Miu time to breathe... fucking breathe, and it never felt so good...

Miu immediately turned around to see Kokichi already at the door, his chibi eyes widened as he suddenly sprinted out.

Hell no way was Miu letting him get away!

"Come back here, you little shit!" Miu screamed, but Kokichi just ran, and didn't even give a snarky comeback.

'Shit...' Miu thought.