𝐗𝐗

Needless to say that Yeosang didn't sleep, that night

Needless to say that Yeosang didn't sleep, that night. He could've slept on the couch in the living room, but that meant that he had to be far away from Jieun, in a place where she was out of his sight and he didn't feel comfortable in leaving her alone.

Every time the girl moved, groaned or the mattress creaked, Yeosang's eyes shot open and his head whipped in the direction of the bed, analyzing the surroundings and checking if she was alright.

With the intention to sleep, he sat on his desk chair and laid his feet on the table. He attempted different positions, but nothing seemed to be cozy enough for him. In the end, his eyes fixated on Jieun, who was sound asleep. Her beatitude assuaged the male, who involuntarily lifted the corner of his lips into a soft and warm smile.

He couldn't deny, though, that he felt guilty in having dragged her into that awkward and weird situation. After all, she just came to his place to apologize for her behavior of that morning. Instead, she found herself encircled with demons and drug dealers. Plus, her health status didn't help the girl.

☆──────═══• ☽ ☼ ☾ •════──────☆

Jieun's eyes fluttered open when her nose sniffed the delicious smell of sweet food getting cooked and the fresh scent of strawberries, all accompanied by the sound of a knife repeatedly hitting a wooden surface, probably cutting something.

The girl rolled on her back as she stretched her arms and legs and, only at that moment, she realized that she wasn't in her bedroom, but into someone else's, probably a male. She lifted her back from the mattress and took a look around her, searching for any hint that could help her understand who that room belonged to. It wasn't thanks to the stuffed shelves with old and big books on them. It was the fragrance that lingered in the whole room and on the blankets that the girl still had on her legs.

That fragrance of fresh cologne that made her heart race whenever she smelled it and it belonged to no one else's but Kang Yeosang.

She could feel her cheeks and the top of her ears burning, as her mind started to run wild into scenarios she shouldn't think of. Brushing her arms, when she felt a cold breeze on her skin coming from the window, she froze on her place as soon as she noticed that her upper part of her body was covered only by her tank top, which didn't leave much space to imagination.

She yelped and started to desperately look for her oversized hoodie and ended up finding it on the floor at the end of the bed, together with her shoes. She moved away the heavy blankets from her legs and stood up, getting swamped by a terrible headache followed by dizziness.

Her bottom fell back on the soft mattress as she held her head between her hands, hoping to give it some stability and to alleviate that bothersome sense of lethargy that was slowly building up in her stomach.

The squeak of the door made Jieun turn her attention on it. A heat wave washed over the girl's body as soon as she spotted Yeosang's head sneaking in the room through the splint between the door and the doorframe. His face lightened up when he realized that Jieun was awake and, to his relief, she didn't try to escape.