𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

The girl sat back on her chair next to Kihyun, who was thrilled to begin working with Jieun

The girl sat back on her chair next to Kihyun, who was thrilled to begin working with Jieun. Finally, he had found someone willing to help him in that crazy journey through demons and curses. Still, he found selfish the fact that Joo-Hyuk wasn't eager to help the blonde male, since the person in danger was one of his closest friends and not a random stranger.

Or, at least, that was what Kihyun thought.

"Where do we start from?"

Jieun's melodic voice reached the blonde male's ears like his favourite song playing on repeat, over and over, without never getting tired of it. Kihyun was unaware of what was happening in his chest, nor he could understand the weird feeling of something moving in his stomach.

The girl was a true beauty with those round, red cheeks and plump, brick red lips that were screaming to be kissed. Her raven hair framed her pale face and bringing out her shiny, light brown eyes that could pierce your soul and nail you to the wall.

She tilted her head a little on the right and gave Kihyun a tight-lipped smile, amused by how he got lost staring at her. Although she was happy to receive those attentions from a cool guy like Yoo Kihyun, she couldn't ignore a pinch of discomfort pricking her lower stomach and a voice in the corner of her brain that kept whispering that something was off, with his behaviour.

The male blinked a couple of time, helping himself getting back to his senses after realising the lame attitude he had until that moment. He knew he was wrong since Yeosang was the one in love with her, hence why, he didn't have the right to try and pick her up.

So, he cleared his throat, attempting to wash away from his body that bothering sense of embarrassment and shame.

"Oh, uhm, so I found this new data that may help us develop a ritual to banish the demon. A lot of people, on various websites, wrote about a gift, a real present gifted by the demon to its prey. We just have to figure what the Succubus might have gifted to Yeosang."

Explained Kihyun as he rummaged through the papers on the table, fixating his eyes on them to not give up to his temptation to lay his eyes on Jieun.

A strange noise of tiny objects getting shook, like a pack of candies, caught his attention and brought the male to move his stare on the source of that sound, which he soon discovered to be Jieun.

The girl, in fact, had just pulled out from one of the pockets of her cardigan a pack of pills. Like the doctor that he was going to become, Kihyun searched with his sight the name of those pills and, once he found it, his eyebrows furrowed together.

Subucetamolcus.

That was the name of those pills and he was pretty sure, if his knowledge didn't betray him, that he had never heard of those.

Deciding that he'd rather not stick his nose in Jieun's affair, he went back to his papers, the name of the medicine freshly printed in his brain.

The girl swallowed the pill without water and threw the package back in her pocket, before resuming her study on the gift.