𝐗𝐗𝐈

"What's a Succubus, Yeosang?"

Jieun asked with the most innocent look Yeosang had ever seen. The male's breath got stuck in his throat, causing him to pant for air. He had hoped for that moment to never come, simply because he wouldn't have known what to do to pledge her safety.

Tell a lie or tell the truth? Which one was the most convenient for Yeosang and Jieun?

The male decided that it was better if he made up a lie, telling her that she misheard the word or that, probably, she heard it in her dream and it felt so real that looked like it actually happened. He couldn't afford to scare her, or worse, lose her, not now that he had finally managed to build a small friendship.

"What- What are you talking about?"

He asked, pretending to be floored by her question. Yeosang also attempted an embarrassed chuckled, hoping to result more persuasive.

But Jieun didn't fell in his trap, since she perfectly remembered one of the boys pronouncing it. Her heart cracked when she realized that Yeosang was lying to her. Still, she aimed to obtain that information.

"Don't lie to me, Yeosang, please."

She begged him before taking the last bite of her pancakes. The girl kept her lips in a cute pout even when she had to chew her rubbery breakfast. Jieun was hating the fact that he didn't trust her enough to tell her that secret. She would've never judged him, no matter what choices he would've taken. Well, except for the ones that caused the deterioration of health, she would've scolded him.

Yeosang gulped loudly, hoping to find a way and the right words to dissuade the girl in finding out that detail. Frightened by the fact that he didn't know how the demon would've taken the news that the real Jieun was aware of her existence, the male stood up and grasped the pills for the girl in front of him.

It was too dangerous and Jieun was too weak to face a demon, especially in her current conditions. Yeosang couldn't risk to lose her.

So, aiming to avoid that conversation and possibly change the topic, the male stood up and walked to one of the wall units, starting to rummage inside it, looking for the pills. When he finally found the package, he grabbed it and placed it on the isle in front of Jieun, before giving her back again to fill a glass with water, in case she needed it to swallow the pills.

As soon as his hand was abandoning the glass on the wooden surface of the isle, Jieun grasped Yeosang's wrist, catching his attention.

"Please, Yeosang."

The pleaded with her big, light brown eyes piercing through the male's soul. He wished to tell her everything that happened because he knew he could trust her. If it wasn't for the fact that the story revolved around a demon that could kill a mere human with just a snap of its fingers, Yeosang would've told her every single detail.