Chapter Eight.

I know, I've Been Gone For A While...Spam Me If You Missed Me 🥺

Y/n Pov.

It's been a week since Nick came home and I've been twenty times more miserable than I was previously. I rolled my eyes hearing him and my father talk about sports...again for the hundredth time today.

Jennifer: "Speaking of sports, Y/n, your coach called me today, why didn't you tell me you were the captain of the Basketball team for the second year in a row?" I stopped chewing my food.

Mark: "Captain?" He looked at me.

Nick: "Wow, standards must've dropped this year." I coughed and shook my head.

Y/n: "It's not that big of a deal. Coach just likes the way I lead the team and stuff so he made me captain again. The guys also wanted me to lead the team this year. Brandon is vice-captain," I shrugged my shoulders.

Mark: "I didn't know you were the captain last year," He said dumbfounded.

Y/n: "Yeah, well I tried telling you that many times but you never listened so I gave up. Mom knew about it..." I explained looking at her, "I forgot to tell you, sorry about that. It was only decided yesterday for sure." She nodded.

Jennifer: "It's okay. I'm proud of you sweetheart," She smiled sending me a wink. I smiled and went back to eating and ignored the stares from Nick and Mark.

Mark: "When is your first game?" I stopped chewing once again and swallowed.

Y/n: "In a week," I answered confused as to why he was asking.

Mark: "Okay, you should tell me a date in advance so I can take the day off." He smiled. 

"What?" Both Nick and I said stunned.

Nick: "I'm sure it isn't that big of a game anyways." I looked at him and tilted my head to the side.

Y/n: "You know, I'm surprised you're still playing football." He glared at me.

Nick: "And why is that?" He challenged.

Y/n: "Don't they kick you off the team or something if your grades suck," I said making his face fall. I picked up a blue and white envelope along with a red one and slide it towards him. "You had some mail come in," I smirked enjoying the blank look he had on his face.

Yeah, fuck you, brother.

Jennifer: "Report cards?" She asked taking mine whilst Mark took Nick's.

Y/n: "Looks like it," I took my plate to the sink and watched them examine both report cards. I leaned against the counter and crossed my arms waiting to hear something from them.

Jennifer: "Y/n, good job baby, it looks like you picked up your grades for math." I shrugged.

Y/n: "Thank Maddie for that one. I would have been lost without her." She handed the report card to Mark who closed his eyes and sighed.

Mark: "Good job, Y/n." I almost choked hearing what he said.

No yelling.

No telling me I could work for that 100%.

What the hell is wrong with him?

Y/n: "Uhmm thank you?" I said confused.

Mark: "You know, you could take some notes from your sister," I widened my eyes and looked at Nick who seemed pissed. "You're failing all of your classes! We sent you to New York to make something of yourself, not to just play ball and have meaningless relationships!" I stood like a fish out of water hearing Mark talk to Nick like that.