12

"Take me to the shower" - Meryl said when he took her to the bedroom. 

"No, no, Mrs. You gonna go to bed" - Don said. "You lay down here, I'll bring you your pajama". 

Don brought the pajama to Meryl. She was practically dead on the bed, he saw it and just shook his head. "Darl, here. Get dressed" - he handed the pajamas to her. 

She did not move. "No, noo. I don't need to be dressed to do what I want to. Come here"

"No… I need you to get dressed. I'll take a shower" - Don put her pajamas on the bed and went to the bathroom. 

Don took his shower quickly and walked into the bedroom. Meryl was awake, waiting for Don. He took a deep breath and went to bed.

"Hi, Mr. Gummer, I was waiting for you" - Meryl sat on the bed and patted the mattress beside her.  

"Hi, darl" - he laid beside her, not very excited. 

"I'm happy, you know" - Meryl straddled him, kissing his jaw, which didn't make the expected reaction. 

"Hm, yeah…" - He was uncomfortable and not excited. "babe, I'm tired today" - Don was trying to move away from her kisses. "Eh, can you stop for a moment, darl" - he was not comfortable, but he was being patient. 

"Hmm, babe, come on" - she said huskily

“Mary, I wanna sleep. Please, get off me” - he tried to pull her off. 

“You don’t want me, do you?” - Meryl got off and looked at him, hurt. 

“I just wanna sleep and you don’t seem strong enough right now to this kind of exercise” - Don put his pillow behind his head. 

“Ok” - she said unemotionally and laid, turning her back on him. 

>>

In the middle of the night, Meryl woke up not feeling well, her head and stomach were hurting. Don was beside her, sleeping; she did not know what to think about him that moment, he had refused her. She got up and went to the bathroom, she needed to splash some water on her face. As soon as she entered the room, her stomach growled, making her sick. 

Don was sleeping peacefully, but he woke up and sat on the bad; he thought he had heard a noise. Meryl was not on the bed, something had happened, so he got off the bed and began looking for her, and he didn't take too much time to find her because he soon heard the noises from the bathroom. 

He got into the bathroom and saw his wife kneeled in front of the toilet, vomiting. "What happened?” - he asked, from the door.

She couldn't speak clearly, she just growled, lifting her head a little bit. He sat beside her and rubbed her back. "You drunk too much. It's 3 a.m. and here we are…" - he was neither annoyed nor warmhearted; it was late and he was tired, too much tired to think about anything. After a few minutes, she stood up and brushed her teeth, without speaking a word. He just watched her movements.  

"Go sleep, Don" - she said without looking at him. 

"No, how are you?" - he did not move. 

"I'm fine. Go back to bed, I'll take some medicine, whatever" - she wasn't acting coldly, but she was uncomfortable. 

"Well, fine…" - Don now was annoyed. He left the room and got back to bed.

Meryl took a shower, then went after some painkillers. It was 4 a.m. and she was in the kitchen, staring at the dark. She couldn't sleep, nothing to worry about; she was ok, just could not sleep.