Chapter 8

Mal rolled her eyes and walked out of the room. The two groups trickled out of the room, me and Harry being the last.

As we walked the quiet and unfamiliar halls of Auradon Prep, Harry and I talked and for once, we didn't insult each other once, just had a nice friendly chat. We walked in the back and joked around, even joked around with my powers a little. 

For example, at one point we passed by a bouquet of those cheap fake flowers that always somehow washed up on the Isle and ended up in the windows of some of the shops that tried to appear to be more upscale for whatever reason. As Mal walked by them I flicked a singular flame at it, similar to how you can flick a match. The bouquet went ablaze, at first, Mal thought somehow she did it because she was the one that had just walked past it but she soon realized it was me because she turned around and my eyes were blue, she asked me what I was doing. I shrugged and acted like nothing was wrong as I discreetly snapped my hand shut which killed the flame, simply leaving the bouquet burnt to a crisp. She turned back around to see the bouquet and just sighed in annoyance. Harry and I had quite the fun with that one.

Mal kept turning around once again to watch me. I rolled my eyes each time. Harry seemed to notice my frustration. He leaned in and whispered directly into my ear,

"Ye wanna surprise her next time she turns around?"

I looked at him and raised a brow and smirked mischievously,

"Why not? What are you proposing"

I whispered back. He looked to Mal for a second before looking back to me. He took off his hook and hung it from one of his many belts. He sneakily snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me into him. I was slightly surprised but once again, it didn't bother me for some reason so I didn't get mad like I normally would. I looked at him and laughed a little as quietly as I could,

"Now do this"

He whispered. He brought his free arm behind him and grabbed my hand closer to him and pulled it around him. I snickered and looked away from him for a second to see my reflection in a mirror on the wall. For once my face wasn't it's normal pale sun-deprived complexion. I had a light dusting of pink color across my cheeks. My head jolted away and I went and stared at the floor somewhat out of embarrassment.

 Harry then continued the conversation we had been having before. I went with it as I noticed Mal look back to me again. I glanced in her direction to see her eyes wide. She nudged Evie and whispered something. Evie casually looked back and saw us as well. I leaned to Harry's ear and whispered,

"We totally got them that time"

"Yeah we did"

He said snickering. Eventually, we had everyone looking back at us at different points. We kept our laughter suppressed as much as we could. When Uma looked back all she did was nod, seemingly in approval, to Harry. I questioned that, especially because of the look she gave Harry earlier. Once again I was distracted from my thought process when we got to the room we were looking for. 

Harry and I simultaneously let go of each other as we walked into the room and looked at the mess of pink,

"Ew..."

I said as we walked in the room,

"...absolutely ghastly"

I murmured. Harry came next to me,

"Yer right, how could someone live in so much pink?"

"She's a brat isn't she?"

"Oh yeah, she is..."