Intermission

It's been six months since the Isle and Auradon changed forever, out of all the Isle kids, to everyone's surprise, Holly and Harry were some of the VKs that had integrated the best. After taking a few tests, FG had noticed Holly had outstanding scores in both Logic and English, not to mention that she aced posture tests when most of the 'seasoned' princesses still failed. Holly enjoyed just coasting through her classes, not having anything unnecessary in her schedule.

As for Harry, he found his knack for sword fighting still useful, excelling in fencing and Math which he had to often help Holly with, she hates math. In return, most of the time Holly will write his papers for him and he'll do her math. He also joined the tourney team, however, he still calls it 'a wee boys game'. He tells everyone that he's only on the team to show Jay up but since he tells Holly everything she knows its because he actually has fun and he actually enjoys it.

When it comes to them together, they have been nearly inseparable. If Hollys around, Harry will always be near, and if Harry's around Holly will always be near. Because of that, they are still intimidating to most. They don't mind though, they rarely are bothered by anyone. The only thing that separates them sometimes is certain classes they have without each other. Some have said that they act like complete nightmares in the classes they don't have with each other, while in the ones that they have with each other they just keep each other entertained.

According to Mal who has some classes with Holly that don't have Harry in them, she switches back to her old self. Her short temper and snappy, rude responses return. Her easily aggravated sister has caused students to start crying in the middle of class, in which Holly would just dismiss them and say that they were too sensitive for their own good. This wasn't towards just students mind you, shes threatened teachers before but normally for a good reason. Isle Holly was a cold-hearted, cunning, rude, narcissistic, and snarky, and that's exactly who Holly becomes when Harry isn't around.

In Harry's classes without Holly, he's just a nightmare to deal with. He'd steal things from everyone around him, teachers included since he would be bored. If he really wanted to watch the world burn he'd sneak up to the chalkboard and drag his hook on part of it, causing a dreadful sound to fill the room. Besides that stuff, he'd also throw massive disrespect at everyone unless he actually knew them. He wouldn't answer questions, he'd trip classmates as they walked down the aisle, he'd make fun of them if he thought they were too full of themselves, etc, etc.

Now, in the classes that they have together the story is far different. They'd both be very tame in fact, not speaking out of turn unless it was to each other every once and a while and they wouldn't be terribly disruptive. It's like they both calm each other down naturally even if no words are exchanged. They'd always be holding hands under the table during lectures or they'd sit so close they're right up against each other, it's just how they stay sane. When they're together, all of the nightmarish personality traits they still have from the Isle that come back out when they are apart, all disappear. It's like they bring each other back down to earth and help recenter each other. From the Isle to Auradon isn't an easy move, but something that remained the same was the way they showed affection.

Jay and Carlos were sure that they were going to be one of those couples that fight in public and seem to low-key hate each other, however, they proved that theory very wrong. In fact, they were probably the most lovey-dovey out of all the popular couples. It's like if they were near each other they had to be touching each other somehow. They got comments here and there about being from the Isle and had gone soft in Auradon but they didn't care for those. All it took for those to stop was for them to shoot whoever said whatever with glares in unison.

Ever since Harry was a kid he'd never been the one to open up about really anything, neither was Holly but he was way worse about it than she was. The local Lost Boys had made it a mission to make Harry snap somehow. He didn't tell Holly just because he didn't think she could do anything about it, oh boy was he wrong. When Holly finally got word of the Lost Boys' attempts to get to Harry she went after them herself.

The next day she cornered the Lost Boys in all of her flaming glory and told them off, not gently by any means.

Let's just say that Harry still doesn't know why the Lost Boys started being painfully nice to him one day, seemingly out of nowhere.

As for Holly's side of things, she had been called a "freak" here and there. She didn't really care, she's not one to take name-calling to heart, after all. That was all until Harry and her were on a walk together and someone called her that in front of him.

Harry flipped his fucking lid, to say the least. That was one of the times Holly had to calm him down and stop him from literally hooking the guy. They have to calm each other down often since they both have quite wild tempers.

They quickly became an example couple, the way they worked so well, the way they talked to each other with so much respect and care. They both care so deeply for each other that now when they think about how they met, they are taken aback by how rude they were to each other back in the day.

Everyone thought that that was just they're honeymoon phase, that that sort of treatment would fizzle out, but they were sorely mistaken. Little did they know that years would go by, and nothing would ever change for the worse, the only arguments they would get into are always about what they wanted for dinner, and they sort that out by flipping a coin. But we'll get to talking that far into the future another time.

A/N

Hiya! Now first things first, I'm calling this an intermission because it's just a bit of a quick blurb about how the story will progress, I'm working on actual parts but I thought a break in between the main story and the continuation was necessary so here we are :) I wrote this bit a while back and thought it would be a nice buffer in between the main story and the continuation so I decided to just go with is since it does do the job well. Second, the rest of the continuation will not be written in this style, it'll be written in the POV style like the rest of the book with an occasional third-person view when it's necessary. Last things last, remember to drink some water today :D

-Brooke