FOUR, change of heart.

Jennie took off her nameplate and gathered her things silently. She stared at the mirror in the bathroom, taking in her reflection silently.

She had cried for the past half an hour. everytime she thought she was done, more tears would pour out and her hands would tremble horribly. All the pent up frustration from meeting Jungkook the previous day, Taehyung and Jimin's harsh words as well as lack of sleep made her cry hard and long.

Her body ached all over all the time. she worked 12 hours a day, morning 7 to evening 7, only taking a lunch break so she could provide for herself and her child. Honestly, with her insufficient education qualifications, she was lucky to even have gotten this job with relatively good pay.

No modelling agency had wanted her after her scandal. Moreover, her pregnancy hadn't left her in the top-notch shape they wanted her in. Her skin had gotten paler, and she had stretch marks on her stomach, and to them, it was absolutely appalling.

She was grateful that even despite her reputation, the café took her in. Everything was going fine for the past four years, sure after her baby was born she had struggled horribly in finances. Most of the money she earned she used it to shut reporters and people she received death threats from.

So she was left penniless, barely making ends meet with her current job.

And now she lost that job.

She felt a fresh onset of tears and blinked rapidly. She cant cry again now.

Ivnoring her bloodshot eyes and red nose, Jennie took her bag and exited the kitchen quietly. The only person who saw her was Savannah, which was because she was slacking away, as usual.

Jennie bit back her tongue from firing an insult at her. When she had entered the kitchen to get a waitress to replace her, Savannah was the only one available and she refused, saying "Darling, I cant be bothered. I only came here to please my parents not to help nobodies like you"

It must have been quite a fun sight to see me grovelling at their feet today, right? Jennie thought bitterly.

She wanted to say goodbye to Jin, the only person who treated her somewhat like a friend in the café, but he hadn't come today. Maybe, that was a good thing, he didn't need to see her lose all the tiny amount of dignity she had gained over the past four years.

Jennie decided to go pick up her son from his childcare, not knowing what else to do. It was a saturday and although they can let him stay until seven thirty, he was usually lonely because the only other kid who came over on the weekends stopped coming to the childcare a month ago, and so he spent most of his time there alone during weekends.

She checked the time: 9.45. She wondered if She would get her pay for the week, but by the sound of it, she really doubted it. She wanted to cry all over again from the stress, she was counting on this week's pay to be able to pay for the previous month's rent.

She was definitely going to get kicked out for sure.

Its okay, she calmed herself down. One problem at a time. First, find a new job.

She walked over to her child's daycare and knocked on the door, which opened within seconds.

"Oh, hey, Jennie! You're early," the middle-aged lady in charge, Madame Gabrielle, gave her a warm hug and Jennie returned it gladly, really in need of one, "Yeah, something came up so I came early to pick Seo Ha up."

"Mommy!!" when they were in the midst of exchanging pleasantries and talking about the fees Jennie had to give, an excited yell came from behind the lady and Seo Ha ran eagerly towards Jennie and jumped into her arms. she laughed, staggering back, before she kissed his cheek and rested him on her hip "Hey, baby."