EIGHT, it's complicated.

Jimin ruffled his hair, tired after a long day. and it was just the beginning, monday. He sighed inwardly at that.

He immediately slumped onto the couch in the shared room of their en suite, and Taehyung joined him, groaning "This is probably one of the few times I'll envy kook for having a girlfriend to cuddle him once he returns."

Jimin chuckled "Me, too."

"Jungkook told you, right? That he met Jennie."

"Yeah he did. But he was extremely vague about it. Just said something about how he met her soon and that she's facing some issues. Never specified what but I'm sure it's financial. This just makes me drown in guilt more though."

Taehyung hummed, and then turned to Jimin, "You're not over her, are you?"

Jimin gave a bitter laugh "Far from over, Tae. I'm too weak and pathetic to move on."

"Don't say that Jimin. I'm pretty sure she hasn't moved on from you either."

"Yeah, right" he scoffed. "What even makes you say that?"

"Something Jungkook told me. She didn't break up with you because she didnt love you, She did it because, frankly, she was selfish. She regrets it, though. And she didn't tell you privately because she was a coward."

"Selfish...?"

"Yes," he paused.

"Her company told her to break up with you or leave. She decided the former. She tried to fake break up with you and continue your relationship secretly, but they found out. She could've left and joined other agencies but she didnt want to be in one lower than her current one. Although its a tough situation, it doesn't excuse that she made a selfish choice and was cowardly."

Jimin processed the information quietly "Jungkook didn't tell me this."

"He thought it'd give you hope. I have no idea if it did, but I told you because you deserve to know. That doesn't mean I want you to get back with her though. She hurt you."

Jimin didn't say anything except an "I know..."

"But?" Taehyung prompted. Theres always a but if Jimin says something in that tone.

"I ...miss Jennie," his voice cracked as he smiled ruefully at his best friend. Taehyung didn't know what to reply, opting to give a bitter smile instead. Even a blind man could see Jimin missed her.

"I'm going to take a shower," he finally said, and Taehyung nodded, knowing he wanted time to think. He didn't make any move to go shower though, he was lazy. And tired. Two minutes passed and he could feel his eyelids drooping already. What if he just fell asleep...

And then someone knocked on the door to their en suite sharply.

Taehyung jolted awake, cursing. Groaning at the fact he only got five minutes of sleep, he forced himself to get up and trudged to the door, wondering who in the world wanted to talk to them at 10 p.m. At night.

He opened the door harshly, and was about to snap a "What do you want?" but the words died in his throat when he saw it was someone he wasn't expecting.

Jennie.

Before she could say anything he said coldly "Jimin's not here."

"W-what- then where?"

"He's staying over at his girlfriend's."

He watched her face drop "Oh, I see. Could you tell him I was here though? I really need to talk to him."

"About what?"

"My child," she said, and he finally turned his gaze to Seo Ha, who was hiding behind her, clutching her leg.

Aw shit, he was so cute.

Jennie seemed to have caught the look of adoration on his face and lifted Seo Ha up, "Baby, say hi to uncle Taehyung"

"Hello uncle," he said softly then hid his face in Jennie's neck, who laughed nervously, "He's a bit shy."

"It's alright. What about him do you want to discuss with Jimin?"

She hesitated "I'd like to tell Jimin that privately. please, Taehyung-ssi, I really need you to tell him that I need to talk to him."

"How did you know we stayed here?"

"Jungkook-ssi told Chaeyoung and she told me."

Wow, even addressing Kookie formally. How far have we become, Jennie?

"Sooo, you'll tell him right? Here's my number to contact me when he can talk." She passed him a folded slip of paper.

Taehyung cocked his eyebrow, tempted to make a few... comments. But he stopped himself, her child was there too.

He just nodded "Is that it? Because then I'd rather not look at you anymore," He said in korean so the child won't understand and Jennie gave him a hollow chuckle. "Yes, that's it. Thank you, Taehyung-ssi."

"Bye Uncle," Seo Ha said and Taehyung gave a genuine box smile to the child, who giggled.

Jennie smiled discreetly.

Bidding her farewell curtle, she left.

Taehyung stared at the piece of paper and then threw it away, rolling his eyes.

Jimin didn't need to fall deeper. Besides, theres no way Seo Ha was his child. Unless she was asking for money, what could she possibly want?

Jimin didn't need that in his life.

And so, he never told Jimin that she came by.

×××

genuine question, am i rushing ? please do let me know either here or thru pm,, i had thought of adding a filler chapter before this one but didnt know what to write. please do reply :""