𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐

It was the summer of 89', and to add it was rather peaceful. No school drama, no rumours, no bullys and barely anything to worry about. Except...some unexpected feelings that had started to flutter up during the year. 

      Richie hadn't noticed it, but the more extreme they became the harder it was to ignore. The longing glances at the other boy, the need for the skin on skin contact, the yearning just to make him smile. Richie Tozier had a full-blown crush on his best friend of nine years.

      The room was surprisingly peaceful, just the sound of "you shook me all night long" playing in the background, barely audible by how low the Boombox was. The song was just starting up so it still had about three minutes left.

       "Ha..." Richie chuckled, his head nestled into the crook of his friend's neck as they read comics together. "He's getting the shit beaten out of him,"

       Eddie rolled his eyes, shuffling around in the boys' lap to flick to the next page. "Oh- He could one hundred percent beat him up if he didn't pull a sneak attack," Eddie groaned as Richie just insulted Eddie's favourite character. 

      What was this character? He was a nerd. That was made for nerds, y'know, the one that everyone could relate to, during the day he was your average high school student, the geeky guy who got A's and was "unappealing" with big, bulky glasses that could drag his face down with its pure weight. Messy and unravelled hair, extreme curls that were all over the place as well, plus braces. Even though Eddie wouldn't admit it aloud, all he could think of was Richie when he saw the character.

      Richie rolled his eyes laughing. "Yeah sure, dude's toothpick small." He mocked.

      "He so could!" Eddie spat, hands tightening around the colourful paper. "Like, he could beat anyone ass! Do you see him?! His alter ego is like, a god!"

      "Oh sure, it's totally not your mega gay crush on him telling you that!" Richie joked, nudging the boys' side with his elbow.

      "I don't- I'm not- you're so annoying." Eddie sighed, turning his complete attention to the comic, not wanting to feed into the joke of his annoying friend. "Beep beep dick,"

      "My lips are sealed," Richie laughed, shuffling a bit to turn his head to the side, not really enjoying that super hero...but Eddie liked it, so he didn't mind read along if it made him happy.

      Just like normal, they were sat on the floor of Richie's room, Richie leaning against his wooden bed frame with Eddie in his lap, which had been happening for the past two years, the smaller boy too wrapped-up on the comics twist and turns to notice the lankier boy humming to the melody of the music, as his hands played with the soft fabric of Eddie's shirt.

      It was normal, there normal.

     Richie hummed, re-adjusting his glasses to slip them onto the floor. Quickly flopping his head into the chocolate brown, silky-smooth hair that belonged to his friend. "Yeah, you shook me all night long," He sang softly, hurrying his face into the back of the other boys head.

     Eddie didn't notice it at first, too concentrated on his superhero crush to listen to his actual crush. His brows furrowed as he flicked to the next page, not even paying attention to the fingers curling around the hem of his shirt, then releasing, then twisting.

     "Working double time," Richie sang along, closing his eyes to focus on the words that danced out of his mouth.

      His voice vibrated against the back of Eddie's neck and rang through his ears like butter, causing the smaller boys to face to change to a darker shade as a goofy grin ran across his face.