Chapter 9

Stiles' POV

The owner of the Old bookshop hired me. Actually I was lucky though I'm not sure if it was Lux's doing but the old lady, who apparently is the owner of the bookshop needed help around and she hired me. I'd just help her clean the bookshop, dust the books and arrange them out properly, take in new books when brought and yeah, attend to customers. My dad wasn't aware of my new job though I don't think he'll mind. I have a lot of time to spare anyways since I don't hang out with Scott and pack anymore and I don't have friends to go out with well, apart from Lux though I never had the courage to ask her to hang out with me.... Who wouldn't like to hang out with such a beauty?... I don't understand myself anymore... I'm having feelings for Lux, I know that's inappropriate plus she'd never like someone like me at all... Fragile, sarcastic, ADHD, human, .... I'm not even near becoming a demi-god so obviously I don't have a chance with her. Why I'm I having such feelings? Is it the way she sings? Or the way she gives out proverbic comebacks? Or the way she flips her hair back? Or her smile? Is it her eyes? Or the way she looks gentle and fragile in her hamster form? Or is it the way she's smart and wise?... I really don't know but I like her. I wonder if she likes me as well and the thought of Scott and pack relying on her for protection makes me jealous... Yeah, jealous!... I don't want anyone close to her I just want her here with me, I don't want to share, I really don't want and yet I don't understand why I'm feeling this way!.

I looked around for the book that Lux was talking about. She went to the Nemeton and yeah, I was alone but I didn't mind. She'd promised to start teaching me magic before the combat skills and I was eager to start. I just couldn't wait...

I heard the door open and I was in the furthest corner of the bookshop rummaging through the bookshop. I knew the presence present, it was a familiar one followed by the comforting scent that calmed down my nerves. Since Lux came into my life, my senses opened.... I was alert than before and somehow I could read people's feelings.

"Stiles?". The familiar sweet voice came through and I went where she was standing all graceful and in a long sleeved dress that swept the tiled floor when she walked.

"Lux?". I called back. She turned to face me, features calm as usual. Surprisingly, I could never read her feelings, I guess because she's a spirit or perhaps it's because she's a goddess and she knows how to lock her emotions?.

She raised a brow at me. "Didn't find it". I say, my voice laced in disappointment.

"It's okay Stiles". Lux answered as she moved closer to mW and placed a hand on my shoulder. Her scent overpowering my nose almost intoxicating but still, I love it.

"According to Israel, this building is an ancient one and there's an opening somewhere only that we don't know where," She said as she took her hand off my shoulder.

"Like a safe?". I questioned, she nodded.

"That's where the book is". She answered as she moved a couple steps away from me and her eyes glowed white as she looked around the bookshop.