Chapter 21

Stiles' POV

I couldn't believe what I was seeing right in front of me. Dad stood beside me, his jaw dropped and eyes wide open.

"Does that happen? Is that even normal?". He asked his voice laced with shock and worry.

"This is not good." Keeper murmured. "She's coming for you Lux".

Lux was still looking at her dress, also shocked. "I figured it out".

Malia went to the store and came back with an oversized tee shirt. "Here, change into this". She said as she offered Lux the shirt.

"Did you steal that?". Dad asked her.

Malia shrugged, "Does it matter?". She questioned as Keeper took the shirt from her and led Lux away.

"That was strange". She added after Lux and Keeper had left.

"And awkward". Dad added as well.

"Stiles, are you okay?". Malia asked. I just nodded as I tried to conceal my emotions with my powers. Who would be okay? Who would be okay after seeing their mate frightened like that? I couldn't help it after feeling the wave of worry and fear emit from her... It was a bitter feeling. Reminding me of when I was possessed by the nogitsune... The fear, the self doubt and hatred and misery.. Fear... Worry all negative feelings in one.

"We better get going then". Dad said as he patted my shoulder before giving me a squeeze and letting go. He and Malia were to drive in his cruiser since Derek had already left.

"What was all that about?". Keeper asked Lux once they had returned. I was still outside my jeep waiting for them... Or my worry couldn't let me keep still... My ADHD was kicking me hard and oh! When was the last time I had taken my aderalls? I don't even remember!.

"Stiles dear, are you okay?". Lux asked me ignoring Keeper's question. I looked up at her, she was already dressed in the oversized tee shirt that Malia brought her. As usual the tees reached her thighs revealing that skin that I'd touch one day when we mate? Gosh what was I thinking? Do gods even call it mating? I think that's a wolf word or?.

Her brows shot up in a quizzically way. I opened my mouth to speak but then closing it due to the dryness I felt. I just nodded my head.

"Okay let's go then". Lux replied.

"It's a miracle the drizzle stopped". Keeper said as she sat in the back seat.

"Don't let that fool you. The worst is yet to come". Lux replied as I started the jeep and drove to the mansion.

"I really wish things could turn out differently". Keeper said with a sigh.

"How different?". Lux asked.

"Different. None of Babayada or those evil stuff". Keeper answered.

"Then the world wouldn't be balanced. It's like the Yang-Yin". Lux said.

"You mean that China thing?". I huffed.

"Yes the Yang is male, hard, clear and bright while the Yin is female, soft and dark and yet the two of them should live in harmony to form a complete circle". Lux explained.

"What do you mean?". I asked as we turned down a corner towards the other side of the reserve where her mansion was. Well practically our mansion. Whatever was hers is mine, right?.