Chapter 10

Lux's POV

I was still shocked about what had just happened. I know I had felt too comfortable around Stiles since the day he accepted me in his life as his guardian. I was too comfortable around him something which was inappropriate. I had never felt that way before and I'd asked the other guardians who'd told me that they'd never felt that way towards their guidees and I decided that perhaps it was because Stiles was the keeper of the Book Of Life so I said nothing.

I could feel his emotions pour out whenever we were together but I was afraid of asking him. Afraid of reprimanding him against such feelings. I liked his scent... No, I loved it. I loved the way his heart beat, I loved the way it felt when he stroked me in my hamster form, I loved the way it felt when I was tucked beneath his jacket or hoodie while he was at school and I loved watching him sleep... I just loved everything about him. His smile, hazel eyes, moles, hair, his lips.... I just loved everything about him yet knowing too well that those feelings weren't right so I kept quiet...

I never wanted to break him.. To hurt him because I'm aware that we couldn't be together... I was supposed to be married by a fellow god or a demi-god but Stiles was none of them!.

But it never crossed my mind that Stiles, was my mate!... My mate of all things.

A part of me leapt in joy while the other one was worried, sad because this meant one thing!.... Danger!... He was prone to more danger than before once this information leaked out.

I wonder who he really is... A god? Or what? If so then I'll help in training him for his powers to expand so I won't have to worry about him being in danger!.

I stroked his hair slowly. His head was on my lap. I was in my mansion. Every guardian has a mansion that they and their subjects live in.

We were in my room, on my huge bed and my mind was busy thinking about the man that lay on my lap.

"He is the god of empathies". The keeper said as she came in my room with a book in her hand.

"I've just found out in this book of the gods". She added as she sat a few inches away from me.

"Thank you". I said slowly.

"He is the prophesied god. The one that will rule beside the Light which is you... Both of you will protect all supernaturals and become the guardians. No wonder he was targeted by the nogitsune". The keeper exclaimed.

"Thank you". I said again as I pulled over the quilt up to Stiles' neck. He was getting cold but I used a bit of my powers to keep him warm.

"I had to hide Lux. I had no option but to hide beneath the skin of an old hug when Babayada left for hades to add to her powers. I was afraid... I ... I was frightened when they sealed you and I had no option but to run and hide". The keeper stuttered.

"It's okay. I understand. I would have done the same if I was in your position". I said but not looking at her though I could feel her eyes on me.

She took a deep breathe, "Then, why are you upset?".