Chapter 19

Stiles' POV

I drove back home and found the lights off. Pops wasn't yet home but he'd promised to come home early when I'd called him. I really had a lot to explain...

Why I wasn't home at most times,
Where I was and what I was doing whenever I was not home. I know dad had noticed my absence but didn't ask because of his double shifts that he'd been taking for the past two weeks but today, I had to tell him everything with the hopes that he'll understand and support me. I don't want him to die, he's the only family I have left and treasure the most.

I opened the front door and went straight to the kitchen. I wanted to prepare dinner for us before we talked the serious matters. I would cook Delicious Pork and Noodles with Vegetable Lasagna. That recipe, I was taught by Lux and I was gonna try and cook it today.

I was about to work the stove when I felt something. My heart clenched. Something was wrong. Something bad was going to happen.

"I am sorry Stiles". I heard, it was so small and low like a whisper full of hurt and regret but there was no way I could mistake that voice with someone else's. It was Scott's voice.

Something bad had happened to him. I quickly took my keys and went outside to my jeep. I had to go see him even if he hated me at the moment. I was so sure that something was wrong, there was no way I could my instincts could lie to me.

As if to confirm my suspicion, the street lights had flickered off. All of them. Then, an ear piercing scream was heard. There was no way I could mistake that scream too.

"Lydia?".

It all hit me like a brick when I remembered Lux's vision. "The true alpha roared and the banshee screamed".... Scott didn't roar, but the banshee screamed!.

It was all happening, Babayada was here. She was already here and she'd started out her attacks.

I drove to the clinic not really sure if he was there or at his place. There was an ambulance and police cruisers there using their lights to light whatever was there. I could also spot my dad's cruiser there.

My heart beat sped and I felt weak all of a sudden as I got out of the car to make my way towards the cruisers. Melissa was there as one of the parademics but she was working. She was crying bitterly and dad was holding her from doing something crazy.

The other parademics covered the body on the stretcher with the hospital sheet before lifting it in the ambulance.

There was no doubt that it was indeed Scott on that stretcher. I looked around, there was no sight of blood or anything on the side of the road where he had been found. How did he die? Without howling for help or even trying to escape?...

Indeed Babayada was here!. Actually she's already here and she's already started to work.

"Son?". Dad called me pulling me from my cloud of thoughts. I looked up at him as tears streamed down my cheeks.

He pulled me into a tight embrace, "I am sorry I didn't call you to tell you this". He whispered.

"Dad, he was my best friend". I cried out.

"I know son, I know". He said pitifully.

"Why him dad?". I questioned although I knew very well why he was killed.

He was supernatural and if not careful, I would be next... My dad would also be next.. We would all die and nothing would prevent that unless we registered under the Book Of Life as soon as possible.